Monday, May 2, 2011

I'm back.....................



Hello Blog! I've missed you!!! I've been in Colorado. Colorado lies astride the highest mountains of the Continental Divide. Nearly rectangular, its north and south boundaries are the 41° and 37° N. parallels, and the east and went boundaries are the 102° and 109° W. meridians. It is eighth in size among the 50 states, with an area of over 104,000 square miles. Although known for its mountains, nearly 40 percent of its area is taken up by the eastern high plains. Of particular importance to the climate are Colorado's interior continental location in the middle latitudes, the high elevation of the entire region, and the mountains and ranges extending north and south approximately through the middle of the State. With an average altitude of about 6,800 feet above sea level, Colorado is the highest contiguous State in the Union. Roughly three-quarters of the Nation's land above 10,000 feet altitude lies within its borders. The State has 59 mountains 14,000 feet or higher, and about 830 mountains between 11,000 and 14,000 feet in elevation. There you have it. A little interesting knowledge about the topography of where I've been for the past four days. Breathtaking.

But back here in our beautiful city of Rochester, the cats were awaiting. As usual, as it was raining again, I was out there just past 5 am. to check on my babies. Heather did an awesome job, I just don't know how to thank someone for getting out of bed at an ungodly hour of the morning and risk their life to feed cats that are not very cute and cuddly. She is a true warrior! At my third spot, and a spot that I want to discontinue feeding at, is Poppi. Poppi is the only kitty really that is left there after having rescued so many. Dewey, Fred, Barney, just to name a few. Well, this morning, I noticed that Poppi is pregnant. Not a good thing. I must think of a plan to get her, she is very shy. I still have Barney and Buttons on my (and my sister, and Heather's) hands to adopt out. Its tough when you have these kitties and you have no place to house them if you are able to get them. But I must focus on her. She is a pretty tortoise kitty.

Julie and Heather (from Another Chance Pet Rescue) also went out this weekend to my area to help me with spaying and neutering some of my strays. They were able to get two, which is great. I am just so grateful. As I was driving away from Second Street, where at one point there were at least 8 cats that I was feeding at one house, there are now very few left. I thought to myself that I have helped to 'clean up' these people's street, and they should be thanking me for doing that. I actually feel good about it, that you just don't see as many out there anymore. I am so thankful that I have the help I need. I've been doing this for so long on my own. Its been tough. So, thank you Julie and Heather! You have really made a difference for these kitties you've helped me save!

1 comment:

  1. auntie,
    welcome home!!! i missed you!!! congratulations on getting some kitties fixed and just wanted to let you know buttons let me pet him saturday and he really is coming around. he used my leg as a scratching post silly boy!! poppi cant be poppi anymore if she is girl. talk to you soon love you!!

    ReplyDelete