Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Bring Me Sunshine

I just watched a video on YouTube where the music and lyrics alone gave me a little boost and a feeling of hope on this Wednesday, Day 5? of straight rain. Another wet and humid morning, but all the babies are surviving out there. Blackie is barely though. I am trying to find him a home quickly, because I need to get him vetted tomorrow morning somehow, he is having a hard time breathing, he has a severe upper respiratory infection, and after he is treated, he can't go back into that spot because he is too affectionate, and I have been feeding him for over a year now. Remember, he disappeared this past winter. This is the same spot where I've been feeding Smokey #1 for years now, and where I recently rescued Dexter. I also rescued Max and a few others from this corner, so I am proud that I've been able to help so many from this spot, but Blackie is the last of them, and I can eliminate this one spot if I can find Blackie a permanent home. He is good natured, between 1-2 years old. He can barely breath so it was hard to leave him this morning but I must get him to a vet for treatment so I will try tomorrow morning. Here we go again... I still have Barney that I am trying to adopt out, and my sister is still caring for Buttons for me until we can get him adopted. I am in over my head, and don't feel good about it, but I can't just ignore sick animals out there. Its either rescue, or be brought to a shelter where euthanizing is surely the outcome. I don't want the latter, but I won't leave a cat sick on street if I know about it. Its not a good feeling to pet an animal you know is sick and doesn't have treatment or a home, and then leave it. Anyone out there want to volunteer?

No comments:

Post a Comment