Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Cat Food and Coffee



Above is little Skye a/k/a Bittens in her new Mommy's plant.  She loves plants!  After seeing this picture, I realized that she must be the kitty that squashed one of my own plants, while she was in my care.  Skye was rescued from Central Park in the early morning hours at 5:30 when it was 20 degrees out.  What a life she is living now.... 

In response to Jess's comment yesterday, yes, Mr. Whiskers was adopted by my friend Nancy, who also has taken at least six other cats I've rescued.  Mr. Whiskers is one fat and happy cat in his new home.  I just wanted to show what kinds of cats are out there, and ready for a home.

Pregnant Red Mama was returned to the streets yesterday by Laura, who kept her to heal after her spay, and the wound on her foot.  I spotted her first thing when I pulled up there on Sunday.  I am relieved she will never be pregnant again.  I just read a post from last August where I suspected she was pregnant.  This must have been her last pregnancy, and God knows how many or what happened to the kittens she had.  What a brutal winter we had for kittens being born in the outdoors.

My journey this morning started off with spilling cat food all over and in between seats, and then trying to clean up, knocked over my open container of coffee.  It was enough to get really really upset about, and I remained that way for a good five minutes, and then after that I thought, what the heck, there are worst things to be upset about.  I thought for a second - 'what a terrible morning', but then thought 'you know what, a terrible morning would be if you didn't wake, or if someone in your family died, or a friend, or you woke up blind, or your cat died overnight, not to mention all the other people in this world that this is actually happening to - so get a grip, and move on!  So, that is what I am TRYING to do.  :)

Please check out the felted animals created by my friend Deb Boyle!  All you have to do is click on the picture of one to the right, and you will see some of her designs.  Aren't they sweet!  Please consider purchasing one!

I attach a few photos taken this morning:

7th Street Kitty - not looking good...

7th Street Baby Mama, all grown up

Central Park/2nd Street Kitty, unneutered

Tuffy, on 2nd



I counted five cats at my first location on 7th this morning, four at my second on Central, 1 at the next spot on Central, and Tuffy was at my fourth spot on 2nd.  I stopped counting after that.  There are just so many at each of my spots, all waiting for their food.  Here are a few more pictures from this morning:

4th and Pennsylvania - fixed up

Short Street - kitty standing in glass waiting for b-fast

Short St. - Morgan - tuxedo cat waiting for b-fast

CANDY on Hayward!

Candy!

Candy!

Flowers on Stout

Dexter on Stout 

Pretty Boy on Parsells

Have a great day!

"Love can change a person the way a parent can change a baby - awkwardly, and often with a great deal of mess."  Lemony Snicket

1 comment:

  1. Sorry all that food was spilled! But, you should take comfort in knowing that I saw Annabelle on the curb where you park yesterday early morning eating something, now I know it was the spilled cat food!

    ReplyDelete