Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Truth or Dare!

Truth! 

I do not kill spiders or ants in my house.  EXCEPT, these really really really big hairy spiders.  I am frightened to death of them.  Actually, I take that back.  I do everything in my power to get them into a paper towel and bundle them up and throw them as far as I can out the nearest window.  Scared to death of those.  Ants, unless they are in a cluster, I can gather the one or two that make their way into the house, in a paper towel, and throw those out as well!

Dare!

  1. Purchase 120 pounds of dry cat food every single week
  2. Get up every day, no matter what, at 3:45 to get myself alert enough to;
  3. Drive into the inner city every day, no matter what, at 5 am.
  4. Go behind abandoned houses, 14 to be exact, in the dark, and place food and water down for the waiting homeless cats
  5. Trap pregnant cats, trap and neuter unfixed cats, rescue kittens, rescue adoptable cats, and do 50+ per year
  6. Pay for their surgeries, meds, keep them overnight and release those that need to be back to the streets.
Dare?  Already done and did.  That's what I do every day regardless of the fear that is deep down inside me.  Way deep.  But its there.  Especially in the summer, when more people are out.  I had a better dialogue going last night in bed when I couldn't sleep of where this post would go today, but this is the best I can do after being awake, having done my thing, and rushing to get to work.  I guess my point is, I am crazy.  :)

Seven, the black prostitute that lost her little baby, was out this morning, standing on a corner, higher than a kite.  She is a lost soul.  You see so much sadness out there.

This morning on Stout, along with Dexter, the black kitty that could easily rip my arm to shreds if I wasn't paying attention, had a visitor under the porch with him.  I shined my flashlight and saw a pretty kitty, and I almost would believe its Neck Wound Kitty, with a large raw wound on its body.  Neck wound kitty has been around for years.  He has not been treated for his wounds, he disappeared last year, early, and I thought he was dead.  But this could be him, with a new wound.  Laura had tried to trap him, and he just wouldn't fall for it.   Poor baby.  I will keep my eye on this.

Celia, my little brat that doesn't get along with my other cats, the one I rescued not knowing she was pregnant with 11 babies inside her, from Central Park, may have a home.  Nancy, my angel friend who has taken in so many kitties that I've rescued over the years into her own home, suggested someone very near and dear to her heart, needing a kitty, and perhaps he would love Celia.  So, tomorrow she goes to an apartment to hopefully meet her new dad!  Fingers crossed!

Fraser, we are not quite sure about this situation.  A woman seemed quite interested but became ill, so we are not sure how this will pan out.  If someone is still interested in Fraser, please let me know!  There are so many kitties out there needing homes! 

Spread my word, and have a great day!

"Its not the size of a man, but the size of his heart
that matters."

2 comments:

  1. Love the quote! - carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a dream about Fraser last night! It was very strange to say the least. I guess that means he's been on my subconscious mind. :) I hope it works out for Fraser and Celia!

    ReplyDelete