Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Babies


It poured all afternoon and night.  I had a very bad sleep, I kept waking and could not get my mind off of all my worries.  And I have a ton of them.  I don't usually let them get to me, but for some reason, I couldn't get my thoughts to go away in the dead of night.  I also thought:  Geez, I just had my hair straightened, and its going to explode into millions of frizzy strands the second I go out in the rain.  So, the power of prayer really does work.  I asked Him to stop the rain while I did my rounds this morning, and sure enough, He did. My hair stayed dry, but there were a ton of very soggy towels to be replaced this morning.  All the cats were waiting for their breakfast.

Mickey
The kitten above I rescued from Niagara Street in the city a couple of years ago.  She is one of the lucky ones.  I found a good home for her, and she is dearly loved.  She was running around in a rat infested boarded up house.  Each of these rescues I have done I am so proud of.  These cats would suffer terribly out there.

I got a note from dear Laura yesterday asking me not to feed at the spot this morning where big pregnant red kitty is on 4th and Pennsylvania.  I am so grateful to her for offering to help me.  It takes a weight off my mind knowing at least we tried.  I have my doubts, I have tried to get this girl for a long time now.  She never fell for the trap I have, and I think Laura has tried for her a year or two ago as she had quite a limp, and was injured.  She was sort of like Neck Wound Kitty, who we were never able to save.  He was also elusive to the trap.  I haven't seen him in almost a year now.  Very sad.  There are so many cats that have disappeared.  All you can do is pray they either died peacefully, or were picked up by someone, and are living the good life.  I still don't know what happened to the calico kitten on Baldwin from spring of last year who mysteriously showed up ear-tipped, and then weeks later was never to be seen again.


UPDATE:  You are never going to believe this.  Laura went to this spot this morning, set her drop trap up, and voila!  She got pregnant momma!  She is no doubt an expert at trapping.  I thank God for this woman, she has helped trap so many cats for me.  Thank you thank you thank you God for creating this wonderful beautiful woman!  As you can see, I am elated.  This cat will not have to suffer through another intensive labor under a porch, in the woods, or behind an abandoned house.  And these kittens, as sad as it is for their reality today, will not suffer a slow death.  And folks, if I had another choice, I would take it.  Please say a prayer for all of these innocent creatures.  We must do our part to make a difference!  Thank you Carol, and Liz, for offering to help with the next spayings!

Have a great day everyone.


"Don't wait for extraordinary opportunities. Seize common occasions and
make them great."


5 comments:

  1. Two words ADVIL PM, try it once in a while, it gives you a wonderful deeper sleep!! Tylenol has a PM also. =) Sweet dreams angel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Janine. Great job to you and Laura. I am so sad for the reality of the situation. But happy that this little girl will never have to be pregnant again. I am sorry too that you didn't get much sleep last night. Problems always seems worse in the middle of the night - I hope you are feeling a little better today. I will say a prayer for you and all the animals. - Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's fantastic she was trapped, I was thinking about that situation all nite. We are do another snow storm b4 its all over and the kittens would have suffered.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Janine,
    Kudos to you for all you do on a daily basis for these precious loving Kitties. Special thanks to Laura for all her efforts over the years in helping these defenseless felines that have been thrust into these deplorable conditions because of some irresponsible humans. Excellent Job Ladies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Thank You.
    Walt & Karon Simoni

    ReplyDelete
  5. huge congratulations to Laura for getting the orange pregnant kitty this morning. You have to remember it's better than the alternative, of more homeless kittens on the street as soon as we all feel about the reality of it.and personally I still think that you're tipped calico kitten who you only saw a couple times, was hopefully someone's pet kitty who escapes occasionally, and is safely back in her home. More and more pet kitties in the city has then possibly put through a central clinic and so might easily be eartipped get have a home.

    ReplyDelete