Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Harold

I LOVE updates on the kitties I adopt out.  Chances are, if you send me an e-mail, with a pic, you will be featured on my next blog!  Please!  :)  Here is an update on Harold, a sweet, unneutered boy that I rescued after feeding for a few months on Central Park early last spring.  He was adopted out by a WONDERFUL family, Kim and Billy, and their ADORABLE son Brady: 



"Hey there! Were your ears burning? We were just talking about you yesterday... I was saying that we need to make another food delivery to you, and maybe we could do it in person one of these days... Brady was wondering if you still have Daisy (from the day we took Harold) and how little Paddy is doing? Harold is WONDERFUL, of course!! He has not pooped on the floor or peed in the toilet since we delivered Patches (the stray cat) to Pattie's mom and dad... he was just miserable with her here. He is back to his old happy self... maybe even happier... he and Chloe chase each other around, but its all in fun... Patches was kind of a bully!! We actually just visited her yesterday... she is fat and happy and spoiled and is doing wonderfully at her new home... so all of the cats are happier now! But back to Harold... he is just the BEST. And so handsome! And Billy loves spoiling him with lots of treats (I gag at the smell of canned food, so Billy is in charge of that). He sleeps against my leg every night (Harold, not Billy), naps on Brady's bed during the day, runs to the door when we come home, and he loves to be scratched and played with and petted and loved. He sits in the windows but never wants to go outside (which, of course, we would not allow anyway). He still does the thing where I call him to bed and he comes flying... he's so funny. Anyway... hope you are doing well... Brady and I would love to come out and drop some food off and say hello some weekend if that's possible... let me know! Take care, and a big XO right back at you!!"

Again, I love hearing this stuff.  It makes all the pain and hardship of rescuing all these babies I've rescued so worthwhile.  Thanks to EVERYONE who has ever adopted from me.

I have a spot at the clinic tomorrow for spay or neuter.  It is supposed to be miserable with rain, so I am unsure of myself - well, not unsure, just know that at the locations I want to set them at, there is no shelter above to stop the rain from going in, and not sure if the cat will want to go in with the rain pouring down over its head, but the pregnant cat is still - third day in a row, at the Central and Fifth location.  She won't come near until I get in the car to leave.  I will set the trap there tomorrow, but might also ask for some help, if possible.  I will also set a trap on Hayward, where there are quite a few cats, or Pennsylvania and Fourth, where there are a ton of new cats there also.



Larry will be going back to my nieces today, who has herself a new, renovated apartment she's moved into. Larry was very sick when I rescued him over two years ago, he was a mess.  But with time, love, patience, fostering by Nancy, living with Wally, I finally found him a good home. I am sure Larry will love his new digs.

All in all, this morning went well, quick, and now I am rushing to get ready for work.  I wish you all a wonderful day.

3 comments:

  1. Try setting the trap with a vinyl trap cover already over it, if you have one. Of course make sure the front open end of the trap is not blocked. Best to fold that flap under not over so it cant get blown and be covered. You could put a rock or two on top of cover to keep it from getting blown. If you dont have a trap cover a vinyl tablecloth would work. I have found that covering the trap in the rain helps and doesnt seem to really scare them off any. But would like to see if any other trappers agree or not??
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janine I love updates as well! Its one of the reasons I read your blog...for the Happy news! Keep em coming

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always cover the trap with something - just the top and sides though. That way it looks to them like they can just walk right through it. Good Luck.

    ReplyDelete