Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Squish Squish...


That is the sound of mud.  The sound of my pink rubber boots sinking in the mud each time I take a step.  Its disgusting out there.  Thank God for the little snow still left on the ground so I can wipe my feet in it before getting back into the car.  At a few of my locations, there is a ton of glass.  Its not for the barefooted, and even worse for the cats that don't wear shoes.  Well, none of them do, but they should, if they could.  No wonder you see half of them limping.  By the way, the grey cat with white that was limping around Fourth and Pennsylvania, he was there this morning, and I did not notice the limp.  That's a good sign, I guess.  Behind the two abandoned houses on Short Street, where I've set up shelter thanks to Nate, who asked me to stop using his STILL EMPTY dilapidated garage last fall on Sixth Street, there is a ton of glass that I can see in the shimmer of light from the lamppost.  I would like to do some clean up here - bring a broom and  pan to sweep most of this up.  Its really up to the owner of the house - who I believe is working inside to fix up the place for rent - my stuff is behind the other abandoned house - but these people don't care.  They just want to rent to low income people who could give a rats ___ about how their property looks.  Would I rent a house with glass strewn all over the lawns and walkways?  No.  But most of these people don't care.  Or maybe they don't have a choice, I don't know.  Do they have a choice?  Unless you are homeless, is it up to you to care for your property?  Can't you borrow a broom?  Am I being too critical?

I also need to look inside of shelters and replace straw if necessary.  The raccoons are out in full force again.  I had to chase one away behind Paul's house, but the little bugger went into Paul's dilapidated garage, so I didn't place as much food there, knowing this fat disgusting little guy would come out as soon as I left. 

There are more and more street people coming out of their winter hibernation.  Some are riding bicycles, there are plenty pulling up in their cars in front the bootlegger's house on Second, looking for a cigarette and a beer.  I think they sell cigarettes for a dollar there.  That's what Seven, the local prostitute that just lost her baby tells me.  Its an interesting area, if you have the time to study it.  I am in such a hurry each morning.  I am hoping to recruit a friend or two to help me with the clean up.  Wouldn't take long, just need to do it at a few spots.
Fraser

Bittens

Celia

Please don't forget about Fraser, Celia and Bittens.  They all need homes.  Spread the word so that I can rescue Candy and the others that need homes that are still on the street.  Its our responsibility!  Thanks, and have a great day!

"Don't let the silly little dramas of each day get you down.
For you are here to do great things."

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see some green leaves on the trees and green grass instead of brown mud. We've got to get those kids into furever homes. Such gorgeous kitties, I can't believe they haven't been snapped up yet.

    ReplyDelete