Thursday, April 17, 2014

A Rats a Rat and Thats That!


Gixr!
Twenty Nine degrees out there this morning, it went up a little from yesterday.  Still ffffffreeezing!  But not for the homeless kitties I feed.  Nor for the raccoons, or even the rats!  Yes, I had to chase away a rat this morning on Short.  I know they are living creatures that need to eat also, but c'mon.  I can't start feeding rats.  I do enough without adding rats and racs to my repertoire! 


Hayward Kittens Rescued Last Summer

 
Not much to say today.  I have the day off tomorrow from work, thank God, and I plan to use my time wisely.  When I take a Friday off, that means I do my stuff on Friday that I would normally do on a Saturday (clean house all morning, then run around doing all my other stuff I need to do - and then there goes the day).  This day off will give me TWO mornings where I can actually crawl back into bed when I get home past six, if I am lucky.  Normally, its only Sundays that I get to do this, and then its just for an hour or so anyways.  So I love my three day weekends.  For sure.

I am waiting for Scottsville Animal Hospital to call me - I asked to be put on their list again - and I should get a spot considering I rescued and brought to them a cat - Lenny - that made international news for them - soon.  I need to move Celia, the kitty I rescued from the SAME location as Lenny.  She is still being confined to a bedroom in my house because she goes after my other cats.  Not in a vicious way, but when you have other cats that feel threatened, they tend to act out, and there is some spraying going on, and I can't have that.  So, due to the lack of interest in Celia, I must find an alternative.  Which may be Lollipop, but hoping its Scottsville Animal Hospital.  I have had great success at finding homes for SO many cats out there, but some are harder than others!

I wish you all a great day, and please spread the word about the kitties on the street still needing homes!

"Losing is a learning experience.  It teaches you humility.  It teaches you to work harder.  Its also a powerful motivator."

7 comments:

  1. Did you know that the Veronia St. shelter is now no-kill?

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHHAAATT??? WHERE the heck did whoever wrote this get THAT horribly misinformed "INFORMATION"????
    PLEASE be careful about posting something unless you have some facts behind what you write. for sure they are trying, but there is NO WAY they can be categorized as "No Kill".
    this is very upsetting for someone to post this dangerous MISinformation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please, whoever wrote the above, try to be a bit more 'gentler' when correcting something. I don't want to scare people away for saying anything on this blog. I would have said something like - "I don't think it is, maybe you could share where you heard that from?" Thanks, I love everyone, and WELCOME comments always!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're all just so passionate about this cause <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Janine, I have always wondered if some of these cats "belong" to people but they are letting them outdoors in the morning for you to feed? Do you think they are all feral or strays? This is just a question and not implying you should be doing anything differently. You are amazing and I love reading your blog every day.
    ~Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Mary, I appreciate your comment, I really do! You learn, after a while, that these cats are homeless by #1 their appearance, # 2 they aren't fixed, and #3 the area. This is a poverty area I feed in. These people can barely care for themselves, let alone an animal. Some of the cats they get as kittens, and as they grow older, unfixed, they begin to spray, and they put them out. These cats belong to no one - they are like the lost boys of Sudan, they really have no one to care for them, therefore, I try to find good homes for any that are need. And there are plenty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree wholeheartedly with Janine. I feed and shelter cats in the country vs. The city. You can tell after a while if they have a home anywhere or not. If they are starving, out in the worst weather, getting matted up terribly, skeeping under porcjes or in the shelters night after night, it is a safe bet that they have no home. I am sure that Janine doesnt take any that she hadnt been seeing for quite a while.
    Matter of fact, I even suggested once or twice that a little calico that Janine had. Mentioned that she had only seen a couple of times, months apart, might be someones pet who occasionally got outside, and had been spayed and left ear tipped at a feral cat clinic, but has a home.

    ReplyDelete