Monday, April 28, 2014

Candy Land!




Look who has made herself quite comfortable in the bedroom.  Its Candy!  I have been slowly introducing her to the others, by keeping her in a spare room during the day, with a wood slatted gate up, so the others can see her, and she can see them.  So far so good.  No hissing whatsoever.  Just sniffing, and walking away.  She is a very gentle girl.  I am so lucky to have been able to rescue her.  I feel blessed.  I know that sounds corny, but when you hold her, and observe her features, her tiny paws, her gentle eyes, her head butting to get more head rubbing, she is a really nice kitty.  She will make someone a great companion.

I hope some of you will consider the handcrafted animals being sold to the right of this page.  Deb Boyle is a skilled artist, and she lovingly crafts these dogs and cats and foxes.  I would buy one myself but some would say that would defeat the purpose.  I do want one!

This morning I witnessed a few heartbreaks..  The first was of a red cat on Baldwin, who has an injury to his head, and one to his tail. I noticed his tail was crooked at the end, but also noticed an open wound.  Then, shining the flashlight on his faced, I noticed a wound in between his eyes.  I can tell he is in pain.  He must be.  He gets close to me, but not close enough.  I don't know what to do about this.

Also, I have been seeing a pregnant tabby in the Central Park area, between Second, and Fifth.  She was there for the second morning on Fifth and Central, along with Tuffy, who is not looking so hot either.  It breaks my heart.   I wanted to make an appointment at the clinic for TNR for this pregnant girl, but the forecast for tomorrow is torrential rain all day, and rain the remainder of the week - 80% from Wednesday on.  Its hard enough to trap, let alone in the pouring rain.  Wish I had help here too.  I need to set a trap on Hayward also, as there are new kitties that are not eartipped, including the little black and white boy kitty.

My niece is in the process of moving, and due to the chaos that moving entails, I decided to take Larry home with me when I went over to let her borrow a carrier for the move.  Larry has been thriving and he misses his mama, but it will be a day or two and he can then go back to his forever home! 

I wish you all a great day, and please help spread the word!  I would love some help!
 
"Use your voice for kindness, your ears for compassion, your hands for charity, your mind for truth, and your heart for love."

4 comments:

  1. It's so hard to imagine life on the streets when you see that sweet Candy curled up on her bed. Have I mentioned before that you are a Saint? Too bad we couldn't have you canonized this past weekend. :) I don't want to make assumptions..let me know if you want the dog, cat or fox and I'll get it for you. We'll call it a Mother's Day gift from Abby - considering you were her first mom. -carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. How hearwarming to see Candy so happy! Great job Janine! Wendy B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh to see Candy and how happy she is. What a sweetie! And such a fitting name.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this is happiness! What a sweet kitty and I'm thrilled that Candy was saved by you, Janine! She is thrilled also, to be sure! Good luck with her placement in a new, forever home. I think one is awaiting - correct?

    ReplyDelete