Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Losing It

Yes, I am.   I have lost the second debit card in a month.  I don't know what it wrong with me, but its enough to really put me over the deep end.  Not only is it scatterbrained, but once you report it, it takes a good two weeks before you get another one.  If any of you are like me, my debit card is all I use, until I've used up all my paycheck!  This will be like the 10th card I've lost in --- a year and a half?  I am disgusted in myself to be so careless.  But move on, I must.

OK, so, here is the scoop.  It was pouring out this morning.  Pouring.  And even in when it let up a bit, I had to bend over/under rooftops (to place the food under the board that was covering the dishes) that were plop plop plopping rain down from the gutter above onto my back so that my coat was soaked within minutes.  I also had  a spot for a feral/homeless cat to be spayed at the clinic.  I placed the trap first at 3rd and Central, only to come back to it after doing the first two spots, to find the trap door down.  OK.  So, the trap I have SUCKS.  I have two pretty dilapidated traps that are borrowed/donated to me, that barely work. The clasps to hold the door up barely clasps.  The other trap I loaned to Sunday Sheryl as she has a pregnant cat that she feeds at her home in Gates on her front deck.  She was too nervous to trap this time, so I tried to get one from my own area.  So, I moved the trap to 4th and Pennsylvania where I know there are a few that most likely need spay/neuter.  Again, in the pouring rain, no such luck.  So I fed the first half of the spots, and moved to the next quadrant.  Placed the trap on Chamberlain, as I have seen a few new kitties there.  Went back to do some spots, came back to the trap, nothing.  I always feel bad not getting a cat, but guess what?  First, there are a lot of kitties that already have been spayed/neutered, which is GREAT!  I can tell by their ear tips.  Second, guess who I DID get!  CANDY!  Yep.  And here is her first selfie:


I have been wanting to rescue her for so long, but couldn't until I could find homes for Fraser and Celia.  Well, Celia is going to a potential new home after work today!  Now we have to concentrate on Fraser.  In the meantime, I have a vet appointment at County Line for Candy on Thursday to be tested, have her shots, and flea treated, just in case.  I pray she is negative for leukemia.  She will then spend a few days with a friend Donna to be fostered, and see how she gets along with the other kitties.  She then may also have a potential adopter, so...  fingers crossed!  Candy came out of the carrier I threw her in this morning just as sweet as can be.  She is a bit frightened, but warmed up to me very nicely.  She didn't want to leave my lap, nor my scratches on her head and bum.  She is a little lover!  And the colors on her!  She is GORGEOUS!  Oh, forgot to mention, I had her TNR'd over a year ago, so she is already spayed.  I am grateful she survived long enough on the streets for me to rescue her this morning.  :)  She is so sweet she allowed me to kiss her on the nose!  :)

As you can see, its been a busy morning, and I am running late, so I will leave it here, and just wish you all a great day!

Yay!
"Miracles rarely happen overnight, they take time, & if you are patient, the pain that surrounds will one day disperse."

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you got Candy today! She's adorable! Trying to catch a feral cat on a rainy day isn't easy - when I was trying to trap my kittens last summer I had an appointment at the clinic the following day but because of the rain I didn't catch anybody! I just donated to help towards the $100 match that Walt has promised; not as much as I would have liked to, but I just had to buy a new refrigerator so I'm a little low on funds! I'll send you more when I can! Wendy B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wendy,
      I want to thank you for contributing to my Challenge and for all your support of Janines mission.past and in the future. If we all do a little it really goes a long way in helping the poor abandoned Kitties out there.
      They really need all of us!!!!

      Thank you Wendy,

      Walt Simoni






      Walt Simoni

      Delete
  2. Yeaaaa for catching Candy - she is beautiful. Nice talking with you last night Janine - it's been sooooo long. Ken's anxious to meet Celia tonight!! Love you. Nancy C.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you ever found any of those "lost" debit cards??? I know they deactivate them when you request a new one.

    ReplyDelete