Thursday, April 24, 2014

Elation


 
1
:  the quality or state of being elated
2
:  pathological euphoria
 
Elation is what I felt yesterday after driving home from meeting Celia's new dad.  I dropped Celia off to the nicest man, who lives in the nicest, uncluttered, clean apartment.  I could NOT have asked for a better union that Celia and her new Dad.  This man just recently underwent a major surgery, in receiving a new organ.  My friend was the one that donated that organ.  The bond between the two is enormous, and will always be.  I am grateful to have my friend in my life, she is the most giving person, not to mention she has adopted at LEAST six cats from me.  She was the one that organized this man to get a cat, which I am hoping turns into his most loving companion.  The second I opened Celia's carrier door, she popped out and said, hey, this is GREAT!  I am off the street, I don't have to deliver any more kittens, I don't have to be cooped up a bedroom, getting love just an hour or two a day from these humans...  I will now be loved day and night, and have the run of the place!  I was actually singing to myself the song Happy, as I drove along the lakeshore looking at the azure blue waters of Lake Ontario.  Such a great feeling to take a desperate animal off the street, and give it the dream of a lifetime, for them. 
 
My friend Kristin did some digging.   She wrote me this:
 
Hey there!  It looks like since January you have rescued 12 cats!
 
- Calvin
- Teddy/ Sargent
- Larry
- Frasier
- Lenny
- Abby
- Bittens
- Celia
- Susie/ Sissy/ Larissa
- Gordie/ Boris
- Candy
- Rupert/ Sugar

Pretty awesome!
 
Speaking of, the other cat I rescued yesterday, Candy, has turned into the SWEETEST cats!!!  She is so loving.  She turns over for belly rubs now.  The look on her face is one of pure gratitude.  I SWEAR, these cats can love you like a human.  I swear they do.  She is SO Happy!~  Please say a prayer that her combo test turns out to be negative this morning when she goes to the vet. 
 
I heard from Bittens/Skye's new mom yesterday.  Her words:  "I just love love love her!!!"


Bittens/Skye

Bittens/Skye (new home)
 
 
 
Update fromTeddy's new mom (Teddy is from Parsells, he had a 'rodent ulcer' when I rescued him, which has healed up nicely):
 
 

"Hi Janine! How are you? I hope you had a blessed Easter.
Teddy is doing very well! He has become the little snuggler, jumping up on the couch to join who ever is sitting there and pretty much plays the rest of the time. He loves chasing the balls and toys around the house. We have been having a little bit of issue with litter box but I had a fecal test run and it was negative for parasite so that was good. Going to try and change up food habit/type a bit to see if that helps. I use Perinton Vet and have had really good experiences with them giving suggestions and such... In all, he has become part of the family!
Talk to you soon"

Some pictures taken the other day:
 
Tuffy on Seventh

Dexter on Stout Intertwining

Dexter on Stout

Red Kitty on Parsells

Black Kitty on Seventh
 
Now we must get Fraser adopted!!! 
 
Its been a GOOD week!  I wish you all a wonderful day!

"The man who removes a mountain begins by carrying away small stones."

4 comments:

  1. I can't help but smile after reading this. Thank you for what you do; for touching so many lives in such a positive way. I will continue to support your good work and ask others to join me. Fingers crossed for a great report on Candy. -carol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen! Carol. Thank you Janine for devoting your life to such a great and much needed mission. Rest assured you will always have Karon 's and my support.

      Walt Simoni

      Delete
  2. I KNEW you'd like Celia's new daddy!! Such a great guy - so glad they now have each other. Thank you for delivering her last night Janine. Love you. Nancy C.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing work...again ....as you always do.

    Alan

    ReplyDelete