Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Whacky Wednesday


I have not heard back yet on the pregnant orange kitty that Laura was able to get yesterday for me.  I will call the clinic when I can today to see if I can get some details.  I would like to know if the cat was truly feral, if she is ok, and also, how many kittens she was carrying.   Regardless of my view on abortion, cats have no option.  The female gets pregnant by some horny male, and then they have the babies.  The cat population soars each time one single cat delivers a litter.  We as responsible humans must do something to help this overpopulation.  We must help to end the suffering of these homeless defenseless animals.  We must all do our part to help at least one cat in our lifetime.  At least.  If you know of someone that has a cat situation that they either don't have money to spay the cat, if that cat is pregnant, or keeps having litters, you must step up and help.  There are so many alternatives to help people out that can't afford it.  I actually had someone ask me yesterday for advice.  I would love to hear from any of you on what you would tell her:

Hi Janine,
I have a question you might be able to answer. I have a friend who is on disability and considering giving away her 4 year old cat because she can't afford to spay and pay for shots.
I said to her, would you keep her if I can help you find a place that could do it for you for cheap or free?  Do you know of any programs like that?  Apparently her cat escaped when she was in heat, stayed out for 3 days, got pregnant and had 5 kitties. She gave those kitties away (probably not spayed or neutered either). 

If you have any ideas for low cost spay I would be very grateful. I said I would find out for her. She is on disability and has limited resources.


I suggested to her that she call RCAC, but I am not sure that this Spencerport resident would qualify. 

I would love to hear from any of you on what other advice I could give to her.

BITTENS/SKYE

I have yet to get a new picture of Bittens (now named Skye) in her new home due to technical difficulties with Jacqueline's cell phone trying to e-mail me the pic.  Skye is the baby kitten I rescued over a month ago from Central Park at 5 am. in 20 degrees, snow falling weather.  She is one lucky kitten though.  I went to visit her last night, and she is SO happy in her new home with Molly the wiener dog, Oliver and Leonard, her feline brothers.   She didn't even want to be bothered with me!

LENNY

Lenny, the cat I rescued in February from Central Park, has become a media star.  Take a look!

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/videos/news/local/2014/04/08/7483845/

Thank you in advance for any advice you can give to my friend for her friend, and have a great day!


8 comments:

  1. Not sure if this could help, did a quick google search : http://www.lollypop.org/site/c.clKUI9OQIoJcH/b.8597833/k.C2A7/SNIP.htm#.U0U5MFVdVPM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea Lenny! I knew when I saw him on facebook with the story of how he was adopted but then returned because of excessive farting that he would find a home quickly after that! He has you to thank Janine! A good friend of mine contacted me a few weeks ago asking if I knew of somewhere she could get her daughter's dog spayed for a lower price (her daughter is in the military and couldn't afford to do it through a regular vet). I suggested she call RCAC (even though my friend lives in Fairport and her daughter lives out of state), and they helped her, so it is definately worth placing a call to them and asking. Wendy B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it when my cat farts... then I can blame mine on him too!

      Delete
  3. RCAC does low-cost surgeries for people on assistance, no residency requirements! Also, Lollypop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. agreed. The downtown shelter RAS is the only one that has arrested in C requirements where people have to live in the city.

    ReplyDelete
  5. sorry, I didn't proofread. I said A residency requirement.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha! I saw the video about Lenny yesterday, and when they said he was rescued from Central Park, I wondered if he was one of 'yours'!! I meant to go back and search your blog to make sure but forgot about it... thanks for posting about him! He's so handsome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww man! We just canceled our D&C subscription. The video was cute though and I'm so glad that Lenny has a new home where he will be loved in spite of his tooting! Charley farts almost every time he's picked up. Oh well, it's better than being pooped on, which is what he would do when we first got him! LOL!

    ReplyDelete