Thursday, April 10, 2014

Thursday Thrills

CANDY

Candy was waiting for me this morning, as she does every single morning, on Hayward.  I tell her every single morning, that she is next.  She is just the sweetest kitty.  I had her spayed a year and a half or so ago.  I would guess her age is between 2-3.  She likes to be held and cuddled.  I must get her, before something happens to her.

The raccoons are out in full force.  You can smell them a mile away after they feast at one of my spots.  I pray they don't eat all the food so that the cats can't have their morning meal.  I counted my spots yesterday - 14.  I am getting ready to take a small trip in May and am hoping that a few of my friends will be able to cover my spots.  So I am trying to map it out.  Not having much luck on the internet finding street maps of the area I feed homeless cats in daily, but I am still working on it.  If anyone has a large street map, perhaps I can blow it up and make a copy of the area I go into, and then mark it for my friends who will be substituting for me for two mornings.  I am looking for the streets in the Beechwood section of Rochester.

I had a report from Laura on the red pregnant kitty she trapped for me on Tuesday.  "Penny" was doing well at Laura's house, she had a cut on her foot (I KNEW IT!  She was limping also for a while way back, and then I thought had healed), so they sutured that up, and Laura was going to keep her in her cage/carrier for another day.  She has a cage/carrier that I wish I had.  Its easier on the cats to move around inside, and easier to slip food and water in for them.  I am so grateful to Laura.  Thank you Laura!


I am still trying to find a home for Fraser, and for Celia.  They are both 'special needs' kitties, with Fraser being just very shy and timid, but oh so loving when you hold him, and Celia, who is not in love with other cats.  She chases after them and it has caused fear in my cats, so she has been confined, which is not ideal for a cat either.  I wish I had someone that could foster her, being an only cat in their house.  She would thrive.   Many people find that becoming a foster provider for homeless cats or kittens is a rewarding and fulfilling experience. Foster care for cats basically requires patience, a compassionate nature, a flexible lifestyle, and some experience with and knowledge of cat behavior.  Please spread the word.

Someone also removed the large board I had that shielded the weather that comes from the West at the boarded up house on the corner of 3rd and Central.  Why someone would want that dilapidated worn out large wood board is beyond me.  But it really helped keep the wind/rain and snow out of their dishes and shelters that are on the front porch.  I must find another.

And as far as Lenny (whom I named!), the smelly kitty that is the latest media sensation (see yesterday's post), many people have told me that my name should have been mentioned in the news articles that I was the one that rescued him.  And I couldn't agree more.  My name and my cause need to be made more public.  I am the one out there getting these poor animals off the street.

Other than that, life is good.  I wish you all a great day!


"The soul is the same in all living creatures, 

although the body of each is different."



4 comments:

  1. I was hoping to hear about pregnant mamma (Penny). Glad she's doing well thank you. I foster cats myself for another organization and it is very rewarding. I cry when they leave but it's better than crying because they died out there in the elements without ever experiencing love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in Texas for a few days. Do u think Candy would get along with Abby?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could give it a whirl and see how it goes! If not, return her! Yee haw!!!

      Delete
    2. I'll contact you as soon as I return on Tuesday. Mike is on board too. -Carol

      Delete