Friday, January 31, 2014

TGIF


I am taking a vacation day - not that its a vacation for me - its hard labor actually, just minus a paying 8 hour day at a computer.  I still got up at 3:45 am. (actually was awake most of the night listening to poor Calvin in the bathroom downstairs wailing away, probably hungry for food, which I had to remove due to his surgery this morning) and went out to feed cats at 5 am., for over an hour.  Most were there, hungry, waiting, doing the twirling dance when they hear my car and see me get out.  Its a balmy 30 degrees, so its much easier on these cats.  I saw Tuffy, as usual, and he got so close to me this time that I could notice he has an eye situation.  You will recall last year he couldn't walk on a very swollen leg.  Now his eye doesn't open all the way, and its very watery.  Its so hard to see the beauties in the dark, and my flashlight is the pits.

Calvin will be neutered, and the end of this tail clipped off when I bring him to the clinic this morning.  I am going to ask if there is a chance its healed since they saw him Wednesday, so fingers crossed.

Then next week the latest rescue (yesterday) Lenny will be neutered, given his shots, etc., and will be good to go for adoption.  See pictures on yesterday's post. 

All in all it was a good week.  I got three sweet cats off the street in one week!  Amazing.  I don't know how I do it, or actually I do know how I could do it, thanks to Sheryl and Donna for offering to foster them.

I need more help, and I ask you to share this, in hopes that someone sees our sweet Lenny, Fraser, Calvin, Teddy and Larry and wants to give them a forever home.

Have a great day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment