Friday, January 17, 2014

The Creeps!

It was an eerie morning out there. It started at my first stop, where I could see a young black male walking toward me, with a slight limp (kind of like the way the Hunchback of Notre Dame walked in the old movie).  I went up on the porch to ready the food and water, and looked up as he was going past, and said good morning!, and he stopped and said hello, and at that point I knew he was mentally handicapped.  I asked him a few questions, and he came right up to me, and I introduced myself, shook his hand after he told me his name was Jazz.  I felt very sorry for him.  He seemed lost.  I told him it was going to be warmer out today, and that the sun would be out.  I always try to be positive around people.  I wished him a good day as he walked off.

I decided to skip the next spot because I would have to do it all over again, as its not far from where he was headed.  At Stout, the bastards took my board again.  I must think of something to do here.  Its going to be very cold next week, and the opening faces the north, so its going to get the brunt of the next storm.  Damn that inspector who boarded up the garage.  As I was pouring food here for the regulars, I looked over and could see this young black man down the street watching me.  Again, just an eerie feeling.

On to my next stops where all the cats were waiting and hungry.  I am missing a few here and there, and pray for their well being.  Larry, and Gordie, and Sargent (who has been renamed by her foster mom Gail to TEDDY because he is like a loveable teddy bear) are all waiting for their forever homes.  I have Gordie in my home and I have been observing him as he becomes more comfortable being indoors with his brothers and sisters.  I now believe he isn't much over a year old.  He is extremely loving and playful, and wouldn't hurt a fly.  Well, maybe a fly.  All cats do that.  But he likes to fake bite while he kicks his legs, and grabs your arm in a stronghold with his arms.  He is the cutest thing.  Immediately after that you can pick him up and kiss him on the nose, and even though he is in a rowdy mood, he won't swat or harm you. He takes it on the nose like a man! 

Please spread the word about these loving animals.  They need a home, and all it takes is for you to open up your heart to them.

More pics from yesterday:

Baldwin Kitty

Hayward Kitty

Lucille - Chamberlain & Garson

Stout - board missing right here...

Stout

Stout
Don't forget you can click on the picture to zoom in.

I must get in touch with Nate to get pictures of the kittens he has in his possession, and to ask him if I can move my stuff back into the garage on Sixth.  I am walking on so much broken glass in the back there where I had to move the shelters to, its bound to hurt these cats.  And its very dark and creepy back there.  I am not happy with this shelter.

I left work early yesterday to go to Parsells to say hello to Bob, but missed him, but met the neighbors living next door.  Two brothers, Donald and Ronald, twins, both in their 50s, both toothless with a crazed look in their eyes, but totally harmless.  They were real thrilled to see this pretty girl (well, I don't think I am totally ugly!) in a skirt and boots pull up and make conversation with them.  :) 

Make it a great weekend everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Honey you need to get a pistol permit and a small handgun. It is one thing to feed and care for all the cats of the streets but another to be putting yourself in danger every day. I know people who go into those areas on paid jobs and always are carrying a weapon. At least some mace. We care.

    ReplyDelete