Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Baby Steps

Jess, thanks for your comment yesterday.  I have a friend I call Sunday Sheryl because she goes with me nearly every Sunday on my journey in the dark.  She is hoping to someday relieve me of my duty for a day, someday.  Sheryl actually scans the ads on the internet trying to match up missing cats, and has watched carefully the ones I've rescued, making sure they aren't one of the kitties that are missing.  She's had some close calls, but no luck so far.

This morning was dreary, with the rain turning to ice so I had to be very careful with my steps.  Baby steps.  You have to or you risk falling, and breaking something, which I cannot afford to do with so many cats depending on my feeding them.  I reversed my route this morning, starting on 7th, so that I could pick up a board behind the new spot on Short to replace the one taken on Stout.  When I came to my very last stop on Parsells (which is usually my very first stop), all my shelters were removed from the porch and placed in front of the house on the ground.  Food bowls, everything.  What a huge disappointment.  The guy that bought the two houses allowed me to feed while he renovated, but now threw me out in the cold.  I left a note to call me, asking for some alternative.  I must also leave him a copy of the article done on me, hoping for his compassion and to allow me to continue to feed SOMEwhere on his property through the winter.  How sad.  Why do homeless/feral cats get such a bad rep.  Why can't every human see that they are living breathing loving beings, just like us, and they need to be better taken care of.

Again, I am running later than usual due to changing very wet towels, etc., and taking the time to pet a cat or two, so I leave you with pictures I took this morning. 

7th Street

7th Street

7th Street

Pennsylvania & 4th

Waterlogged shelter behind the house

Kristin will help me to figure this out - it is allowing water inside 
Sick kitty on Baldwin

I cannot rescue until I have another foster

Finally allowing me to trust him
Stout Kitties - an extra red showed up this a.m.

Stout kitties

New shelter on Short (from Sixth) (no, that is not my artwork behind)

New Shelter on Short (from Sixth)
Have a great day everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Morning Janine!! Why doesn't the 'money raised' change when a contribution is made? It's already gone thru my account and it isn't reflected there. Just wondering. Nancy C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy, when did you make the donation? I'm managing Janine's fundraiser so you can email me if you see this. jessrose21 (at) yahoo (dot) com

    ReplyDelete