Tuesday, January 28, 2014

What Can I Say?

Puddles

Puddles in Bowl

I have a good friend, a high school friend, we still keep in touch after all these years.  She adopted a kitten I rescued and named Puddles, because he loved to sit in the sink and play with the water, a year or so ago, and she renamed him Montego.  She is the girl I wrote about who's cat went missing for over two weeks after they had moved out to the country.  He eventually was found, but she learned not to let her cats out anymore after that near CATastrophe. :)  Anyways, Donna offered to take in one of my most neediest, which I felt was the black and white cat on Central I've named Lenny.  She has a nice barn/shed that she keeps another semi feral kitty (?) named Kaze in - it has plenty of straw and boxes and lots of nooks and crannies for a cat to keep warm in.   Lenny is desperate and runs to me each morning when I pull up.  Well, I was all ready to get him, carrier in hand, but Lenny wasn't there.  I am praying this girl Sherelle let him in for the night, but I highly doubt it.  Knowing that earlier I saw the red kitty again on Hayward, and actually held him, and told him his brother Fraser was rescued from the Baldwin location, just around the bend, and that he was being neutered today, I went back for him, Fraser's brother as I didn't want this to be a wasted morning not rescuing a cat.  But he wasn't there either.  Very disappointing.

Keep in mind, it definitely was at least 10 to 15 degrees BELOW zero out there, I am not exaggerating.  With the wind chill.  And the wind was blowing.  I don't normally let this get to me, but it did this morning.  Those animals are suffering, but I can only pray they are using the shelters I've provided, which will keep them warm.  I know a few are because I see them run out when I arrive.  That makes me feel better. 

But it was a tough morning out there.  Its taking me longer and longer in this weather, trying to unfreeze the ice in the bowls, pour new stuff, shake snow covered towels, trudge through the snow.  I didn't get home until 6:30, and now have no time to really edit this post I am writing.  What you see is what you get.  I know some people have a hard time reading this sadness, but remember, I am doing good out there, they are relieved to see me each morning because they know there is food and water there for them.  Spring will be here soon, and so many more kitties will be off the street thanks to the good people who have taken them in.  But keep spreading the word, I need more help with fosters! 

Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. It is brutal out there this morning. I'm sorry you weren't able to pick either of those kitties up this morning. I know my ferals didn't come out of their home right away this morning when I went out to feed them. Hopefully your kitties decided to forego the food and stay where they were. It's going to warm up on Thursday, so lets hold on to that! Sad to say that temperatures in the 20s and 30s is warm, but my ferals definitely seem much happier and stay outside longer when the temperate is just that much warmer. Thanks for going out there and helping them! Wendy B

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm praying for you and the kitties tonight. Hope you can get one of the kitties tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete