Friday, January 3, 2014

The Blizzard

Lord, its nasty out there. I got out of work early, and am writing this before bedtime because I fear I will not have time to write tomorrow.  I will be shoveling out all of my spots for these poor angels, who are enduring below zero wind chills as we speak.  I've not taken pictures because of how hard it is to even pour the food down for these angels each morning these past few days.

I can tell you though, that Gordie is doing well, with his new dad Tony, and sister Cleo.  He is making progress each new day.  I miss him terribly, but have to remember that each person that adopts a cat from me, there is only love, maybe not my love, but someone else's, and that's a great feeling.

Little Miss Fluffypants Samantha gets sweeter by the minute, each time I go into the bathroom to visit her, she can't get enough attention.  She just wants to be held.  This is the picture of her mouth, which I am concerned about.  I am so thankful I rescued her this morning. Tomorrow, she goes to the clinic to see what is wrong with her.

 


Friday morning:  UGGG.  It was terrible out.  Worst I've seen it in a very long time.  I don't remember last winter being this bad.  My heart was heavy as I left each spot, not seeing most of the cats I feed each day, and no sign that they were using the now snow dusted shelters I have placed for them.  Not one of my shelters survived without filling with snow.  At least the feeding stations, not sure how much snow got into the actual huts.  I had to literally scoop out the snow with my hands.  The snow was up to mid-thigh in most spots.  I shoveled, and I waded.  I tried to make the best out of the worst.  I just thank God that Sabrina (yes, I changed Miss Fluffypants Samantha's name) is off the street this morning.  She has turned out to be the most neediest, attention loving cat I've ever known.  She actually will sit on my lap and put her paws around my neck and rub my face with hers.  She is a TOTAL sweetheart, and I need to find her a home, or at least a foster.  Today she will go to the clinic for testing, and figure out whats going on with her upper lips.  Poor baby.  She doesn't seem to be in pain though, she eats like a champ, and finally figured out the litter box!  She is a GOOD girl!

Today won't even get into the double digits - I can only pray these cats will survive the next 24 hours.  I know they are resilient, but where do they go in storms like this?  Please say a prayer for them, and pass this blog around to your friends, in hopes that someone will consider fostering one of these angels. 

Thanks and have a great day!

3 comments:

  1. Is is you Janine that is an angel. I haven't been able to get my mind off the kitties. I'm talking to everyone I know about adopting or fostering. I don't know how you do this year after year. My heart is so heavy...I almost didn't want to open your blog this morning for fear of what I might read. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking about you out in this horrible weather today as I went out to feed and shovel for my feral kittens! It's just awful out there. At least I know my kittens have nice warm houses to get into - they have been spending a lot of time in there the last couple of days - they only come out to eat and go potty! Sabrina's upper lip looks terrible - I hope they can help her. I'm glad she doesn't appear to be in pain. Whatever happened to the pretty orange kitty you were going to get after Gordie? Wendy B

    ReplyDelete
  3. also thinking of you and the kittys as I shoveled myself this morning...... Monkey and Sandy get 2 heated meals a day in this :) as well as all the kibble they can eat,, feel so bad for the others out there :(

    ReplyDelete