Tuesday, January 14, 2014

MUD!


Here is an update on Sargent, who is being fostered by Gail:


"His lip looks better.  I can't tell if it's growing back yet, but it's not as red.  He's using the litterbox and eats and drinks good.  Yesterday he weighed 11-1/2 lbs.(about a pound less than Gracie (Gracie is Gail's dog)).  He should probably lose a little weight, but a vet could determine that.

He is loose a lot of the time.  If I go out I put him in the spare room.  He's prefectly happy being in the tent.  He knows I feed him in there and he can see us and hang out while we're watching TV.  Sometimes I put him in there so I can hold Gracie on my lap, because if he's loose, he's on my lap if I'm sitting down.

He follows me everywhere, comes when he's called and answers me if I talk to him.  So far he doesn't seem to have any interest in going outside, which is good.

Loves being held, and just being around people.  He loves being brushed.  I love fostering, but I'm not sure if Gracie is ready to accept a new permanent member of the household.  We'll see what happens."





It was very muddy out there this morning.  I don't know how cat's paws are able to keep the mud off - they never seem to look that dirty - whereas my boots sink in the mud.  I was spared the rain we've been having on and off throughout the night, and its quite balmy out there.  Its a nice break from what its been.  This is one of the worst winter's I can remember, but then again, my memory function is not the greatest.   The only thing we haven't had so far is a second blizzard.  We've had only one that I can think of, and that was when it was bitter cold also.  I can define a blizzard if the snow gets into the shelters I've built.  Speaking of, I forgot my camera again today, so I can't show you the shelter I had to rebuild behind the garage on Sixth.  AND, someone was back there messing around, they moved a tote shelter.  Its not the safest spot really, its dark and its behind a house that is surrounded by abandoned houses.  I need to call Nate and ask him if it might be OK to move my stuff back in, tell him that its dangerous where I had to move the stuff.  I can see the cats are eating the wet food that I've left the past two mornings, but not much else.  I am not sure they know the shelters are there.

As I turned the bend onto Central from Second, there was Seven waiving me down.  She always has a motive, but she tries her best to chit chat first before the ask.  You can tell she's been drinking, and she is always with a guy.  He stays back while she comes to the passenger side window.  I was corrected, it was her four month old baby girl named "Kimari" (not sure of spelling) who passed a few weeks ago of SIDS.  I didn't even know she was pregnant.   She said her baby boy "boo boo" Henry was fine.  I told her again that her baby was in heaven and that she was in a better place than us.  She agreed and thanked me.  I noticed she cut her hair, and colored it, and I remarked how pretty she looked.  She was thrilled that I noticed.  She said she needed something different.  You think about these kind of people, and how sad their lives are to us, but they have find their joy in different ways that most of us, and thank God they can do that, because for all of us, sometimes its very hard to find joy in life, but we manage, and get through it, one day at a time.  One foot in front of the other.  Speaking of... off to my second job.

Have a GREAT day!
 
"Believe that all the good and bad things God allows to happen are for a good purpose in your life."

1 comment:

  1. Sargent sounds like a real lover boy! Whoever adopts him will be very lucky. This is probably a stupid question, but did the vet scan him for a microchip in case he's someone's lost cat? He just seems too nice for a street cat. I'm glad he's safe and sound now!

    ReplyDelete