Monday, January 13, 2014

The Weekend

First off, I got the dreaded call Saturday morning from the man that 'adopted' Gordie.  He said it just wasn't working out.  Apparently he read Kim's notes, and also hopefully the comments from all of you, but it made no difference.  He didn't think it was fair to his older female cat  - she just didn't like him, and he really didn't have the time to put into it, I think.  So, sweet heart Gordie is back in my fold - Leo is stalking him, so I have to separate them, which is hard to do - locking one cat away while the other can roam fear free...  ridiculous - and sad for the cat to have to live that way.  All the more reason I have to get him adopted.  I will get some new pictures.  I did tell this man that he shouldn't get another cat until his cat passes.  Its just not fair to the other cat that is brought in.  Gordie was the perfect cat to be with another cat - totally non-aggressive, playful, easy going.  That's that for that cat.

A board was taken from Stout Street - it covered one side of the porch where I now feed the kitties there.  I need to get a replacement for it.  I am running out of boards.  It should be somewhat dark, so that its not that noticeable.  It sheltered the northerly winds from underneath this porch, where three cats reside.  What is wrong with people.

I got a call from the man that moved my stuff out of the garage on 6th Street after I had left a note asking for 'mercy for the cats for the winter'.  His name is Nathaniel, and he turned out to be a very nice man.  Its a long story, and one that I have questions about due to our rather awkward and brief conversation, but all in all, he had an inspector coming this Thursday, and asked that I move the stuff until at least then.  He even pointed out a few houses just around there that I could move it to.   My friend Sheryl came over Sunday afternoon and we moved the two wooden huts and a couple of plastic tote shelters, some bricks, a few boards, and the water and food bowls to a house just around the bend.  It was sad because a red cat was sheltered inside one of the huts, and he had to jump out just before we moved it.  This morning was sad because I don't think these cats knew where I moved it to, despite my constant kissy noises that I made.  Its not easy for these cats to move to another location.  They come to depend on one certain area.  They know the sound of my vehicle and these were the cats that come running down the street after me.  It made me very sad thinking they were sitting in that garage waiting for me this morning, not knowing my cat calling.  I can only pray they find the new spot.  I will get pictures of it tomorrow.   Nate, as he said his friends call him, told me he would talk to his wife about me hopefully moving my stuff back into the garage, after they assess whether they should park their car in it due to its wretched condition.   I told Nate I would call him in a few days and we could talk more.  He also told me his wife rescued four newborn kittens during the very cold snap we had, and that he had to get rid of them quickly due to his very large cat hating dog. 

I need to get moving to get to work, so will post updates on Larry, and Sargent, tomorrow.

Have a great day.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Janine - I saw that a friend of yours at Another Chance Pet Rescue put Larry and Sargent on Facebook today - I shared their pictures - hopefully you will find them homes soon! Wendy B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh NO. I am so sad about Gordie... I don't even know what to say. So frustrating. Poor Gordie... :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm encouraged that at least Nathaniel called you and wants to work something out! Let's pray his wife is agreeable to it as well. Too bad about his dog, though.
    Gordie will find the perfect home soon! As adorable as he is, how could he not ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did Nate tell you what he did with the newborn kittens? No doubt the mother was right nearby! Unless you get her soon and TNR she will be having another litter. Maybe you can ask him to tell you if he seez a pregnant cat or finds anymore kittens so you can get them to someone who will foster and bottlefeed them. Not euthanize them. If he took them to RAS I wonder if they found a foster. Did he say?
    Is there any way you can lead the cats with a plate of food around the corner to the new location? Or leave a trail of food?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there. Nate said the kittens are safe in a room right now. I don't know the circumstances of how his wife found them. Glad she did though. Nate knows enough to tell me if he sees anything like that. I will try to find out more when I speak to him next. I am praying he allows me to put the stuff back in garage after the inspector comes after Thursday! Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete