Tuesday, December 31, 2013

I Have A Dream

I have a dream, that one or more persons reading this will write me and say:  "Janine, I will take ANY cat you deem adoptable, right off the street, and I will place them in a room, and give them warmth, safety, food, shelter, and the love they deserve.  I promise to work with them to earn their trust, and let you make the vet appointment for them, get them checked out, and spayed/neutered if needed, and keep them for as long as it takes for them to be adopted."

That's my dream.

Its in the single digits tonight.  It was 17 degrees this morning.  At each of my spots this morning, they all came running.  Did they run to say pick me up, hold me, rescue me, I'm freezing!  I can only hope and pray that the food and water I leave for them, and the dry towels for their little feet while they eat, and the shelters with straw in them, is sufficient enough in this frigid, bitter temperature, for them to make it through another night.

I've also decided I need help in opening one side of this garage, I need a few crowbars and manpower.  There is NO "NO TRESPASSING" sign, so I won't be breaking that law, but I need these cats to be able to get inside for shelter.  I will continue to feed under the porch.  The garage door that was bolted just needs to be open a little for these animals to enter and exit.

That's my dream.

Happy New Year!

"Tomorrow is the first blank page of a 365-page book. Write a good one.”

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year! I pray that your dream will come true many times over this year. God bless you and all the kitties you help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could do more. For now, Abby continues to enjoy her new home. She is getting more daring each day - exploring every nook and cranny. As she laid in front of the fireplace this morning I couldn't help but think of her many friends still out on the street.

    ReplyDelete