Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Gordie

OK, I got Gordie!  Another rescue!  He was a willing participant, for sure.  I have hesitated getting him because I still have Abby to contend with.  Abby is a good girl, she is all black, except for a whisp of white under her neck, and I really need to move her out so that I can concentrate on Gordie.  I need to find someone to foster Abby - I can then concentrate on getting Abby's picture out there for possible adoption.  Her chances of adoption are slim, but there is always someone who knows someone that may want a companion, no matter what.  Most adopters are particular about what they want.  Most want kittens, most want pretty kitties - but what about the others - the older ones, the not so pretty - they have so much love to give, you forget what they look like.  You forget when you bury your nose into their fur, when you listen to them purr, when you know they are so grateful to be off the street and know they are loved.  I am truly over my limit with two rescues in my home.  One in one room, the other in another.  Its too much.  I must find them both a place to go for now until I can get them adopted.
GORDIE!

Gordie - I need a new name.  Its not a great name for a cat.  I chose a name beginning with a G because of where I rescued him.  Garson Avenue.  I brought him into my bathroom twenty minutes ago, opened the carrier door, and he slowly came out.  I held him on my lap, stroked his back and scratched him under the chin.  He is scared, as is normal, but I can tell he is coming around, slowly.  I think he is going to be a real sweetheart.  (OK, I just went up to get his picture, held him again, got to kiss him on his forehead, and he started to purr!  YAY!)   I find most grey cats are the sweetest.  I miss my Boris.  My Smokey (aka FANG) is a total lover boy.  A real lap cat. I hope "Gordie" turns out the same way.
Igloo behind Paul's on Second

Central Calico


Central & Third

Its very cold out there this morning - single digits - but it was good to see most of my kitties in their shelters still when I pulled up.  Thank God for all of you that have helped me with these shelters.  You've helped save lives out there. 

Please spread the word about these kitties, they need your help!

Have a FANTASTIC day!

 

5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful cat Gordie is! I think you should keep his name as Gordie - I like it! Wendy B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janine,
    Great job rescuing as usual. I would bet anything that you have rescued more Cats than any other group taking into account the scarce resources you are working with . You are truly the Cat Saint.You gave Gordie the best X-mas present a cat would ever imagine Love, Food and Shelter. God bless you Janine for all you do for the Kitties. Thanks,
    Walt & Karon Simoni

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was thinking about your kitties as the temperature plummeted to zero last night. How on earth can they survive out there when it is that cold... and I'm sure many were not born on the street but dumped there by uncaring owners. How to they adapt to that when they are used to living in a house?? It is so sad. I am so happy Gordie is safe and warm, and I like the name as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Janine - any idea how old Abby is?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, Gordie! He looks adorable. I want a gray cat! But I think Sierra would have a conniption if we added anymore right now. :)

    ReplyDelete