Monday, December 23, 2013

Soaking Wet!

Do cats love boxes?  My Vanessa sure does!!


Its always a relief when the snow melts and its even tolerably warm or at least not so cold. Unfortunately, the snow melt has hit me hard, a flooded basement this morning!  Joy to the World!  Thank God for the towels I've received as donations (I don't need any more!), they helped to sop up the water that must have risen overnight. 

Christmas is just a couple of days away and once again on Wednesday morning I will be out there because as you all know there is never a day off. Certainly its never a day off for the kitties. Life always go on for them and always remains a struggle.  I woke with a toothache, which went straight into a headache.  I lay there thinking 'God I don't want to get up.", but just as always, I remember the kitties.  I also remember that there are people that can't get up in the morning due to a debilitating disease or illness.  (Thanks Mom, for bringing me up this way!)  So as I drag my feet to the floor, I thank the Lord for one more day. 

Charlie Sr. was adopted out to a nice young couple in Churchville.  I can't wait to receive a picture of him, as I've never seen him except in the dark, on the street, where it was either raining, or snowing, or something, and where he would run to me starving.  I've cared for him for so long, had him neutered, had to heart-wrenchingly place him back out there, due to lack of adopters or fosters.  Its always nice to see the kitties I rescue in a warm loving home environment afterwards.  Its so special to see this - to know you've made not only a cat happy, but a person as well.

Abby will be going to her new home on Wednesday morning.  Talk about a Christmas gift!  She is one lucky girl.  I am so grateful to have taken her off Pennsylvania and Fourth, where she would run to me each morning crying, waiting for her one meal for the day. 

ABBY!

GORDIE!
Gordie had the run of the house yesterday (I hope you all checked out the blog posts over the weekend - he is healthy, and loving, and ready for his forever loving home).  Midnight, my little girl brat was stalking him around 2:30 this morning so I had to get up and chase Gordie til I got him and put him back in the bathroom.  There is always an adjustment period when a new cat comes in the house, but at least there wasn't bloodshed!
 
About 5 years ago there were places where I would regularly feed nearly 20 cats every day. There were people out there who didn't want me feeding them but I did and in time got the numbers down. I know there are people in the 'hood who do not like me but I have also met some wonderful people who with little to their name will do what they can even if its just digging some snow for me.
 
 
This is a picture of the kitty I want to rescue next, just as soon as we find a home for Gordie.  He is a sweet sweet kitty that waits for me each morning.  I believe that when I rescued Vanessa and her two kittens, Pumpkin and Magic, that this one got away.  He is a beautiful fluffball. 
 
Have a great day everyone!  And spread the word! 

2 comments:

  1. Janine,
    Excellent work as usual with your rescues.Glad to hear about Charlie Srs. new home in Churchville and Gordies clean bill of health.Wishing you the happiest and healthiest Holiday season possible.You are truly the Cat Angel.Thank you ever so much for all your Heroic efforts in rescuing Rochesters homeless Cats one at a time. Hopefully you will be blessed this New Year with much needed donations and assistance with fostering. Keep up the Excellent work.
    Walt & Karon Simoni

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup. All kitties love boxes! I bet the orange boy will find a home quickly! What are you going to name him?

    ReplyDelete