Saturday, December 14, 2013

Saturday Quickie

The door to the garage on Stout was still down.  It leads me to believe that the city is now in charge.  Thank GOD they did not return, as it housed the two kitties that depend on that shelter overnight, and hopefully will house them tonight as well.  Its really cold out there.

I appreciate all the help I received yesterday about locating the owner.  Thank you for the comments as well.  I have a plastic tote and a board ready just in case I will need it at this location, to place somewhere.  I do want to mention that I do snap to judgment when it comes to the cats, and whoever did board up the garage must have had a compassionate thread in their soul, because of the hinge that was not connected.  Maybe he thought "she will be able to open this - I just don't want my buddy who is helping me to know that I've left this unsecured".  :)  I like to think of the good in people before I judge them to be 'evil', but the majority are, and could care less about the welfare of these cats.  And the bowls and plates of food are in full view, along with the shelters, so this person, or people, knew what they were doing.  I am very kind to people when I try to explain why I am doing what I am doing on their property, which is why I am able to keep the shelters that I have for so long at all these different locations.  But there are truly nasty people out there.  But I always give people the benefit of the doubt first. 

I am meeting my friend Kristin and her husband soon, we will go back to Central and place another shelter that they have built out of an entertainment center!  They are bring a chain to place around the tree there, so that no one can take it.  We are expecting a foot of snow by tomorrow, and these two poor animals that are waiting under the tree for me each morning -  that are freezing to death out there will have a warm place to crawl into.  Thank God for Kristin and Darrin! 

Stay warm and dry!



3 comments:

  1. Janine,
    Glad things worked out at 301 Grand for you and the kitties. Also thanks to Kristin and Darrin for building that shelter and placing it for you.It is great seeing that you do get some much needed help occasionally. Thank you for all you do for the Kitties.
    Walt & Karon Simoni

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome that you're going to chain the shelter to the tree! Kristin and Darrin, you rock!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. According to city records, it is still owned by the man in w. hollywood California whose name and address i sent you on friday, not the City. it is scheduled for demolition but i dont know when. it must be some sort of property management company who came and boarded up the garage.
    I thought of you last night/ this morning as I was soaking wet and freezing after shoveling and trying to dig out my few colony spots- how could you do 15 spots? this is just brutal this year (already). So glad you got Charlie- he is beautiful.

    Carole

    ReplyDelete