Friday, December 13, 2013

Gimme Shelter (& Food!)

Stout & Grand

This is a picture of what I saw this morning as I pulled up to my third stop, on the corner of Grand and Stout, where I've been feeding a pretty black kitty, a pretty spotted tabby, and a pretty red and white kitty.  This is where many a kitties have been rescued in the past, the most recent Jack, whom my friend Nancy adopted.  This is a dilapidated garage, that housed some old couches, that I turned into a nice warm shelter with four plastic totes, and a few boards covering them to keep the wind and snow away from them.  Someone came along and boarded up this garage.  The lucky thing for me is that when I went to inspect it, one side was not nailed properly, and I was able to scoot inside and call for the kitties that were obviously in distress waiting for me, on the outside.  Unfortunately, the wind was whipping and when I went to prop the door a crack so the cats could get in and out, and it wouldn't be too visible in case the owner of the property took a drive by later in the day, the large board flipped on its side.  After trying to reprop it, it still wouldn't stay due to the way the lock was placed on it, which is now bent, and the wind, so if the owner does drive by, he is going to be hopping mad.  But for some reason, I believe it may be the city who owns it now.

If anyone has any connections, or knows anyone who works for the city, and can find out the name of the owner of this place, I would be extremely grateful.  The address is 301 Grand Avenue, Rochester, NY 14609.  I need to speak to this person.  If he comes and boards up the garage again, my stuff is in there.  I did leave a flyer that was made for me that has my blog site and phone number, but I've not received a call from anyone.  I believe whoever did this knew full well that cats were using this garage, that it was in the teens temperature-wise, and they deliberately decided that none of that mattered.  I believe this is animal cruelty.  I believe that who ever did this is evil.  I just don't know how people can have such black hearts.  Life is so short.  Why do we have to be mean?  I am the one who put boards over the shattered windows of this garage to keep the wind and snow out.  I wasn't hurting anything.  Its very evil and cruel.  I hope I can speak to this person.  I may have to drive over there later to see whats up. 



I know I need more shelters now.  I placed my last one where these three poor animals have none on Central this morning.  They were waiting there, crying in the freezing wind and snow.   

One last note, I am bringing little Abby into the clinic today - she will have a leukemia test, and they will hopefully be able to tell me if she is pregnant, which I am beginning to suspect she is.  I thank God I got her off the street. She is a sweet little cuddly precious young cat.  I will have to have her babies aborted if she is - we have far too many cats in this world, its just not fair to bring new ones in when there are so many being put to sleep in shelters.  And I must find her temporary housing.  I must continue to rescue these poor souls.

Baldwin Cats this morning

These cats are freezing to death out there.  I need more help.  I need people to take in a cat or two, I promise we will find them a home!  I need food, and I need shelters.  I need a new brain, but I will check on that at a later point.  :)

Have a great weekend All.
The soul that has conceived one wickedness can nurse no good thereafter
Read more at http://www.notable-quotes.com/e/evil_quotes.html#oZUkd22ajxYfOTFE.99

The soul that has conceived one wickedness can nurse no good thereafter
Read more at http://www.notable-quotes.com/e/evil_quotes.html#oZUkd22ajxYfOTFE.99
"The soul that has conceived one wickedness
can nurse no good thereafter."

5 comments:

  1. Hi Janine: I am going to send you an e-mail directly about possible fostering. Wendy B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Janine, I am sorry to hear what transpired at your feeding/shelter station. It must have been a shock to discover that this morning. I don't know how you can find out who may have purchased the property other than to try looking on line, possibly google the address and see if anything comes up. If you go back there, could you possibly try attaching a couple of your flyers to the house by the doors where they would be seen? Maybe that would help. You should be careful about judging this person before you know how they came to board up the garage. It is possible that they didn't realize it was an active feeding site, especially if they came along with boards and hammer, the cats most likely hid so this person didn't see them. The fact that they boarded up property which they may legally own does not mean they are evil, cruel, or mean, or that they are out to get you or the cats. If you do hear from them, please treat them kindly and with respect and they may allow you to continue your work there. If they ask that you stop, you must respect their wishes. To not do so may possibly cause them to take out their feelings on the cats, calling RAS to come get them or worse. And it leaves a bad feeling with them for any type of TNR work at all, and maybe even cats in general! I hope all goes well for you and hopefully you will be able to make some new friends for the cats on Grand Ave.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did an online search and found that the property was sold on 05/01/2007. It lists the prior owner but not the current owner. If you can call the city, the parcel ID is 107.62-2-1, SWIS Code 261400, book number 10455 and page number 00603. ~Mary W.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Janine - I'll stop over this weekend. I have lots of food from Jill and myself. Nancy C.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you get the garage situation sorted out soon! Do you need wooden shelters or are Rubbermaid tubs still ok? What size would you want the wooden shelter?

    ReplyDelete