Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Merry Christmas Kitties!...


...said the green eyed Grinch who boarded up the Stout Street garage yesterday.  He double boarded it.  He ran the three cats that have called this home for a year now out and reboarded it.  What a mean man you are Mr. Grinch.  You with your part-time city job, going around making life miserable for these animals. 

It made me sick to pull up here and see this.  And then to see the kitties run to me, and then run to the garage, with me holding my hammer, trying to get the boards loose.  I am glad I saved a larger plastic tote shelter in the back of the truck.  I placed it under the porch of this boarded up house, along with a fleece blanket and some paper plates for food and a plastic bowl for water.  These cats were hungry, and they need a place to huddle in this entire winter, and this was the best I could provide them, for now.

I am asking anyone - if anyone knows any city workers that could take pity on these cats, I need to get the nice shelters I have out of this garage.  I will move on down the street if I have to.  If anyone has a crowbar and can meet me, I can then break in and get my stuff.

Why can't there be more kindness and compassion?

“For Attractive lips, speak words of kindness.
 For lovely eyes, seek out the good in people.
 For a slim figure, share your food with the hungry.
 For beautiful hair, let a child run their fingers through it once a day.
 For poise, walk with the knowledge that you never walk alone.
 People, more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed. Remember, if you ever need a helping hand, you will find one at the end of each of your arms.
 As you grow older, you will discover that you have two hands, one for helping yourself and the other for helping others.”

Sam Levenson


5 comments:

  1. Janine I checked and rechecked and if you are referring to 301 grand avenue, corner of Stout, it is NOT City owned. But is owned by a man living in W. HOLLYWOOD CALIFORNIA. I will send you his address again. I could not locate a phone number for him but I am not that great with internet people searching msybe someone else can find a number for him. It has to be a property management company doing this and I don't understand why since it seems that it is going to be demolished eventually. How terrible that they even boarded up your shelters inside. Grinch for sure.
    I think you should write to the owner in Cal. If a phone number cant be found.
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  2. can you make a point of entry some place else that maybe he would not notice ? what an ,,,,hole. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Janine. I have a crow bar, I can meet you and I have a gift for breaking and entering ;)
    -Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can understand if the man has a job to do, but there is no way he didn't see those shelters inside - he could have at least put them outside before he boarded it up! Poor kitties - they must be so confused! Good luck getting them out so the kitties can use them. Wendy B

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you can get the boards off to get your stuff. Poor things. I'm thinking of them all in this frigid weather.

    ReplyDelete