Thursday, June 9, 2011

Sleep

Ah, sleep. How I yearn for it. People ask me, they say 'you do this EVERY day?' and I say YES! There is not one day that goes by that I don't get out there either at 5 am. or 5:30 am, depending on winter or summer hours. I COULD use a break! I could use a sleep! I could use air conditioning! My central air went last spring and its really really bad in my house when its hot and humid. And the fan just doesn't do the trick. And by the time I get from my feedings, I have to get ready for work. And on weekends, forget about it! I have too much to do to go back to bed, let alone be able to go back to sleep. But it would be nice, just once in a while, to have someone go for me so I don't have to worry about the cats out there not being fed or watered for a day. Ah, dream on... No sign of the sick black and white kitty at my second to last spot. Of course Red, Copper and another pretty tiger was there, but no sick kitty. Had a nice conversation with Paul, who lives in a house at my third to last spot that he lets me feed kitties behind, such a nice man. Lives so simply, so poor, but is a kind man. I have rescued so many from that street, including two newborns in the igloo behind his house. Very warm for the babies these days, but at least they have the food and water I place down around there. I am picking up Sonny from vet today who was neutered yesterday. He had to stay over night due to the fact that he had FOUR nails removed from his 16 front toes! Eight on each side. Amazing. There were four problem nails that caused him pain so we just removed them. As I've said before, I do not believe in declawing any animal, but this was medically necessary. Poor baby. I will have to really baby him tonight! Gotta get ready for work, have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment