Tuesday, June 28, 2011

My Never Ending Cat Rescue























I swear, I could trap a cat a day for the rest of my life, but it will never end. I just have to accept this fact. I tried to trap a very very very pregnant female this morning, not having a clue what I would do with it, send out a smoke signal to all my peeps hoping SOMEONE would take it to the shelter for me, as I can't leave work to do it, and I have no one else that can in my life. For various reasons. But she didn't fall for it. I am going to try again. I did not try to get the other babies out there this morning as Heather is 'tied up' for a few days with a medical procedure, and she cannot take them, and I cannot hold them. But I won't give up on those babies, by now are about 10 weeks old, and the mother. The two little ones we've gotten are still feral and scared. They are biters too. They will most likely go to a barn situation if we can find one, or the shelter. On the brighter news, Teenie is doing well, and her babies are moving like crazy. Most likely she will have them, and they will not be aborted. I am just not sure of the situation at the moment, but I do know that she is the cutest little kitty, and a very young one at that, and I haven't got a clue about birthing, so I hope it doesn't happen too quick! On another note, it was very busy out on the streets this morning. I stopped at the spot I rescued Teenie from Sunday and the hooker that had been standing on the corner came over and began to get in my passenger side. I yelled out to her, NO! She finally looked at me and the seat next to me, and mumbled "cat lady" while walking away. That was funny. I got out and called to her 'sorry honey, didn't mean to fool ya!'. She thought she was getting a trick! HA! There was a loud scuffle amongst five or six hookers on another corner on Bay Street, but a few minutes later, there was no one around. Such a different way of life to me. So dirty, so shameless. Oh well. Different strokes for different folks. Have a good day. PS, the picture was taken by my neighbor, one of a bird, the other of a flower on the side of my house. I have Ansel Adams living next door!

No comments:

Post a Comment