Wednesday, June 22, 2011

The Rain in Spain





is in Rochester! Yes, I was out in the pouring rain this morning, but then again so were all the homeless animals, so who am I to complain? I know Rochester needs the rain after a couple of weeks of no rain (I've been so lucky!), but the animals don't need it, especially when they have wounds, and upper respiratory infections, etc. I am sure the humidity doesn't make a sick kitty feel any better. Attached is a picture of the kitty I rescued yesterday morning from the spot where there are still 4 kittens and a mother, who are all most likely positive for leukemia. I am still going to try to get them, but it was very dark this morning, and the pouring rain would not make trapping easy. So here is Pennyslvania Boy. Isn't he sweet. Turns out Heather has been able to pet him. He has an infected wound behind his ear, so I am so grateful I got him off the street. He will be tested, and then fostered until he has a home.






And on a brighter note, here is a picture of Sonny - happily sitting on my fridge, the kitty I picked up two weeks ago, had neutered, and had a few toenails amputated due to them curling and growing into his toes. I had picked him up because of his severe limping, only using three feet for over a week. I just had to get him and I have to say, this is one of the best cats I've ever rescued, and that includes all of my own! You can do anything with Sonny, and he will just stay there. I maul him with my kisses and belly rubs. The really good news is my sister wants him. At least he will be in the family! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment