Monday, June 27, 2011

Captivity







Well, it was quite the interesting, and busy weekend! First off, meet Teenie. Teenie is a kitten that is pregnant! I rescued her on Saturday morning after having her come up to me for three days prior waiting for me to place food down for her (again) after I spotted her one morning on the sidewalk. She can't be any older than 8 or 9 months. I call her Teenie, obviously her age, but also because her feet are tiny, and her head is tiny, and its perfectly shaped like a little triangle, like an ant's head! Teenie will be tested for leukemia (say a prayer) and then hopefully spayed this week. Thats what has to be done. There are too too many kittens right now, and pregnant mothers that are out in the streets that will most likely have their babies there. I also trapped another kitten from the spot where there were originally four kittens. There are still two red kittens left. Heather took the kitten to place with his brother/sister who has tested positive for leukemia, and we are just trying to get the mother and brothers and sisters out of there. If they are all positive, they are spreading the disease, not to mention Mama will be pregnant again in no time. I tried again this morning, but caught an adult, unneutered male, and mistakenly let him go. I can only reason for a split second when I have an animal in a trap, they go crazy and hurt themselves in it. But in hindsite, I should have kept him, left work at 10:45, and brought the poor thing to the shelter when it opens at 11:00. But bringing an animal to a shelter is also something that is very hard for me to deal with. I wish I had help with this. Just someone to pick up and transport. Anyone willing? We could save a lot of animals from suffering.

No comments:

Post a Comment