Thursday, June 16, 2011

Never a Dull Morning







This morning after I made my rounds, I came home, and I have more time to spare due to offset work hours each month, so I spent them cuddling some of my cats this morning. They flock to me anyways when I sit on my couch drinking a cuppa and watching the news. So I grabbed them, one by one, and either rocked them like a baby, and each one fell asleep in my arms. Of course I can only do that for so long - my arms get tired! So I place one down, pick up the next. I sometimes forget to do this with my cats. I come home daily from work, exhausted, they are all there to greet me, and I try to say hello with their names to each one, but then I ignore them to tidy up the house and change my clothes and get my dinner ready. So I am glad I am able to take the time to pay them some attention!!



On the streets this morning, all was well, quiet. And then I came upon Tamara, a .... shall we say.... street girl? Tamara began to flag me down as I was driving past her, so I slowed down and rolled my window down and told her the usual, I don't have any money! She told me again, 'bless you for feeding the kitties' - and kept asking for money, even $.50 so I looked in my console and came up with $.50. She said she remembered me giving her $5.00 last year and continued to thank me. She reeked of booze and you could tell she was waiting to get her next high. I continued on my way and had to go past where she was hanging to get to my third to last stop and I stopped my car and said to her 'Tamara, I could get you a job at the hospital, but you have to be sober for at least 30 days!'. We continued to have a conversation and she told me how bad it was out there and the disgusting men she encounters, etc. and how she is going to a drug rehab place. There is something about her, and she yelled over to her friend the same thing, that is special. It would be wondrous to see her in a year with a real job, cleaned up, and healthy. I wish I could help them all. I had to leave her but we had a few laughs and I know she would have my back out there if I needed her. I continued on my way to feed Teddy and his pals on Second, and then to the baby kittens house and placed down food and water for them. I am going to try to trap them as AnotherChancePetRescue has offered again their help. We first need to find a place for any that I can get. Thats number one. But they truly are the best. I hope we can find a place that these kittens will go for socialization until they can be adopted out, and I hope we can find one today. I am off tomorrow, and will be able to trap early so wish me luck! I attach pictures of two of my 'children', Jack in the window, and Cosmo doing what he does best!

No comments:

Post a Comment