Sunday, June 12, 2011

Dog Days of Spring

This morning, I ran out of cat food, I did the #6 spot which I only do every other day, so did not plan food accordingly. On top of that, as I was headed home to get more food to go back to my last spot, I spotted a dog that I thought was dead in its kennel outside of this filthy house in this filthy yard, it was in a plastic dog house, all in the dirt and mud. Its head was on the ground hanging out of the doghouse. I pulled up and made a sound to it, and it didn't move. I got out of the car, went up to the fence surrounding the yard, and made more sound, and it got up, and this sweet little girl pit bull came to the edge of its kennel tail wagging. The poor thing was emaciated, and looked like it was being bred to death. I reported it, and WILL follow up. Its sickening how people can treat their 'pets'. On another note, as I was headed back to feed the last spot from home, in my very residential neighborhood, I spotted something on a sidestreet next to mine, and headed that way, to find a very young deer, completely bewildered. Poor thing, where was its mother, how was it going to get out of this area safely? I reported that to 911 also (same call), but they told me the obvious, its wildlife and there is nothing they can do. I just felt so bad for the poor animal. Also, there is a house near my spots that I saw four kittens at, they can't be any older than a month and a half or so. Babies. I have been putting down food and water for them. I am sick over this also. I need help in trapping these poor animals, and also the other adult cats hanging around there. We need to stop this breeding!

No comments:

Post a Comment