Thursday, June 2, 2011

Grey Kitty



This morning, at my first spot, there is a pretty grey kitty that waits by the road for me, right next to a tree that I park at, in front of the vacant lot where I go to feed in the back of it. There are a lot of kitties waiting each morning in the back of this lot, but the grey kitty is always sitting there, by the tree, by the road, waiting for me. He has so many toes on his front paws, he must have at least three extra toes! At first he was very shy to get near me, but he eventually began to trust me and will now let me pet him, while he waits for me to put the food and water down for him under this tree. This morning, he was limping and holding up one paw. He is injured. I am going to try to rescue him tomorrow. I have no idea where I will put him, but when a cat is obviously injured, I must help him. I don't even know what sex this cat is, but I will call it a him for now. I am out of room at the 'inn' (my house) as I have Barney back from where he was adopted from two weeks ago. Thats a long story that I promise to share soon. So I must find a spot for this grey boy until he is ready to be adopted. These grey cats... there is something about them. They are the most grateful and loving cats after being rescued. I have three in my house now and they just shower me with love and affection, they follow me all over. I attach a picture of Barney, who is the most grateful of all right now. I took this of him on my porch window ledge just last evening.

1 comment:

  1. When I was a boy--I had a cat with 7 toes. Named him "7-toed Pete". Don't know if he was male or female--just named him that. But he was affectionate too.

    I hope Barney finds a good new home.

    Alan

    ReplyDelete