Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Updates







I am certainly on a roll in my mission to help all the homeless cats. There has been a very pregnant female cat at my third spot for a while now, and she is now very big. This morning, for the second day in a row, I brought my trap. When I set it with the tuna inside, about five cats came out of hiding, including pregnant kitty, and Poppi, who is is a pretty little thing who gets close to me, but not enough to pick her up. Anyways, I drove away after setting it, and thought, well, I will never get the pregant one with all those hungry cats. I came back after doing the next spot, and guess what, there was Mama!!! I have to say, this is good news, and bad news. It kills me to bring an animal to a shelter where the chances are they will be put to sleep. But to know that I took at LEAST five cats off the street from one pregnant mother is gratifying enough to me. Think about it. There would have been five new cats in that neighborhood, if they survived at all from being born under the porch of some dilapidated house. I know in my heart I am doing the wrong thing, even though I am SO sad about this. I will continue to do this. If they are sick or pregant. I also will try to trap when I can so they can be combo tested and then fixed if they are not sick, and released. I was going to give you updates on some kitties, so I will! SONNY, who I rescued three weeks ago, had neutered, had some of his nails removed because he had been limping due to the nails growing under and into his foot, has been adopted by my sister. He is such a good boy, and I post this grey fella's picture here. They have renamed him DIGIT due to his 16 toes in front (eight on each paw!) and five on each foot in the back! The kitty we rescued this past Sunday who was pregant is due to give birth any day now. She is sweet, from what Heather tells me. She is going to give birth hopefully today, will keep you posted! Teenie, who is still in my room, will be combo tested today and hopefully come out clean as a whistle! Her babies are still scrambling around in her belly, its just so neat to feel them. This is an awesome quote to me: The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated... I hold that, the more helpless a creature, the more entitled it is to protection by man from the cruelty of human kind. ~ Gandhi

No comments:

Post a Comment