Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Never Ending...

On Sunday morning, after rescuing the kitten on Friday, Heather came over to help me in the morning try to rescue more kittens, and especially the mother, who could become pregnant at any time that soon (8 weeks) after giving birth. We trapped a female that is due within a week. Turns out, my very brave friend Heather, the kitty likes her belly rubbed! I am a total sissy when it comes to cats I don't know. She let it her out of the trap in her bathroom, and the cat is not feral, but friendly! Thank GOD we found her. That would have been another litter born at this location. How very sad too. Meanwhile, I trapped another kitty this morning, where it is still in the cage in my backyard. Heather will be picking him up, testing him for disease, and if all goes well, we can get him neutered and released. It beats the alternative of bringing him to the animal shelter, where death awaits. I did take a picture of him, and will download tonight for tomorrow. Say a prayer for this little guy! I will continue my quest to get the remaining four babies and mother out of there. Tomorrow is another day. Updates on my other spots... at my ninth spot, where Red still waits, along with Copper, for his wet food each morning, there has always been larger red cat hanging around, for a long time now. Its also the same spot as the neck wound kitty who is there sporadically. Well, this second red is injured. I need to rescue him and bring him to the shelter. He is wounded and needs help, one way or another.

No comments:

Post a Comment