Friday, June 10, 2011

Finally Friday




Its finally Friday, and I am on Cloud Nine. I love Friday's. Not the actual day, just the thought of it being a Friday. Its not like I am not working, and sleeping late in bed, and have the whole day to myself to do nothing. I am still working, I still got up at 3:30 am. this morning to feed my brood, go back to bed for an hour, and then get up and get ready to go out and feed my brood in the hood at 5 am. Its just that I know I have two days that I don't have to go into work. Two days to clean, cook, garden, maybe golf, two days of doing what I want! Yes, they were all there waiting for me. Its funny, at one spot, they must slumber somewhere, because when they see my car, they all come running from bushes, across the street, all over the place to gather on the porch where I put down food. They are amazing. I placed more bowls on sidewalks on streets going back home where I saw a cat outdoors - this one this morning sitting on the road. I have to believe that in these neighborhoods, they really are homeless cats, and not just people letting their cats out like it was normal to in the old days. These days its too dangerous for a cat to just be let out, especially when there are so many homeless ones out there roaming, with diseases, getting into fights, so many critters like raccoons and opossums to bite them, etc. On top of that, not being neutered, which is the ultimate sin when letting a cat outdoors. Its just plain nuts. But tomorrow, we are supposed to be getting some rain and thunderstorms, so I will have to make sure their little spots are cozy and secure from the rain. I pick up Sonny this morning at the vet, where he has been for two days now under observation after his surgery on his toes (plus his neutering!). Such a good boy, he has been through a lot. I can't wait to get him back to my house to nurse him. He is just the SWEETEST. Have a GREAT WEEKEND!

No comments:

Post a Comment