Thursday, June 30, 2011

All Quiet on the Homefront






I've had so many things on my mind lately, I didn't even think about posting here this morning. I usually drive around doing my thing and think about what I will write, there are just so many observations I make each morning, and I always wish I had a pad of paper, or a tape recorder, or even a personal assistant to take notes! because I ALWAYS forget the good stuff, and usually feel like my writing is terrible after I've written a post. And it usually is, but there are occasionally good thoughts that come out well written here. I tried to trap the leftover two red babies on Pennsylvania this morning, and one was just sitting there watching me while I set the trap, but half hour later, still nothing, and I had to get on my way to get to work. I wish I had someone to do it for me early mornings, the ideal person someone that doesn't have to go to work during the day, and can bring the kitty to the shelter after its caught. All those kitties have leukemia there, and they have to be caught. Its the humane thing to do, although I am sure there are some that would disagree. I would disagree too if we had more dedicated places that would care for these cats, but we don't. They can live out long healthy lives some of them. At home, Barney has a limp, but I dont' see anything on his paw, so that will be another fortune from my pocket! Its always something... And outdoors, there is Red. He is presently my favorite. Red got scared when I tried to rescue him last year, and stayed away for months after that. He got spooked by me trying to shove him in my carrier one day. Someone had asked to adopt him, and Red had always been friendly with me, and I thought he would go somewhat willingly, but he fought me tooth and nail. Just about. Now, he waits for me every single morning, and runs to me when I get out of the car. And when I leave he follows me to a point. He even runs in front of me which makes me feel all the more guilty. I must find Red a home. Here is a picture of Red in case you've forgotten! I have a long weekend beginning tomorrow, and I hope to keep my blog updated daily, but if I don't, please come back! :)

I wanted to share another story about a rescue I made earlier this year, and thanks to Another Chance Pet Rescue (who I am SO grateful for helping me out with these rescues), kindly took this pregnant Mama, named her Cassie, and cared for her during and after her pregancy. Its always heartwarming to hear the outcome of what happens to the lucky ones I rescue. This was shared with me today, and I share it with you! Cassie was the first pregnant cat you brought to us. She was just about the sweetest cat I have ever met. She loved to have her belly rubbed during her pregnancy and still does to this day! Cassie gave birth to 5 gorgeous babies who are now 12 weeks old and are up for adoption. Miraculously, Cassie was adopted before any of her babies by a previous adopter looking for another lap kitty. Cassie is the ultimate love bug and lap cat. She is blessed to have gone from being pregnant on the street to living in a wonderful home with a family who loves her very much, thanks to you rescuing her!

No comments:

Post a Comment