Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Pictures!









































(CLICK ON THE PIC TO MAKE LARGER) I had the camera out this morning. Took pics of my usual suspects - all beauties, all waiting for vetting, and eventual adoption! Just need the funds! Yesterday we received torrential rains (again), its just seems never ending here in Rochester this spring. So this morning I changed a lot of soggy towels. Nothing out of the usual happened this morning - the days are getting longer, its lighter out earlier, which means I am hitting the road around 5:15 a.m. now, but it should be 5:00 a.m. - the darkness is my friend! :) I forgot to mention, this past weekend, Saturday morning, it was absolutely pouring out. But off I went! (smiley face - ha!). Anyways, there was a man at one of my spots on the road next to his truck that had a large container with him, he shouted to me that he needed a gas can. Well, trusting Janine, and cautious Janine (and crazy Janine!), told him I would get him gas but it wouldn't be for a while, until I finished up my route. He handed me $10 - I was shocked. I knew this was a genuine need. It was pouring and pouring out. I did the rest of my spots, drove home, got my gas can, filled it up with 2 gallons ($7.47), returned half an hour later - still pouring - and I have never seen someone as grateful as this man was. He thanked me over and over, I handed him his change - he told me to keep it, I said "No, just be kind to the animals!", he assured me he would, and leaned toward me, kissed my face and told me he loved me! I think I renewed his hope that there truly are decent people in the world! And all that in the dark, at 6 am.!




I am leaving for Colorado tomorrow morning, for a mini vacation and will have no access to computers. My sweet Heather will be feeding our outdoor babies, and I thank her once again for her fearlessness.




I leave my blog for the remainder of the week with this quote:







"I am the voice of the voiceless;




Through me the dumb shall speak,




Till the deaf world's ears be made to hear




the wrongs of the wordless weak.




And I am my brother's keeper,




And I will fight his fight;




And speak the word for beast and bird




Till the world shall set things right."







Lovely! XO





4 comments:

  1. Fearless Janine, had Heather scared out her wits as this guy is walking towards us hood up soaked to the bone....... lol. But he did renew my spirit that there are still good people in these bad areas too!!! Have a great trip, I will be trapping as many as I can this weekend and getting them vetted as necessary!

    Also, just gave Barney a bath.....BOY oh BOY was he dirty!! but he didn't bite me or
    "scream" just took it easy as he seems to do with every thing else.
    He is going to make a great pet for someone very soon!! Safe travels my friend xoxo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Janine. You don't know me but my cousin, Paula Silvestrone, occasionally sends me your posts. I just wanted to tell you that, as an animal lover myself, I am in awe of all you do for these poor, unfortunate animals. I have done my share of rescusing & volunteer work at animal shelters, but I've never known anyone who is as committed & determined as you. I pray that God will bless you with ALL you need to continue in your endeavors! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Heather, and Thank you Linda! Such nice comments. Renews me when I get positive feedback like yours. I so appreciate it! Keep reading! My mother says my blog is too sad, so I try to keep it sort of ... even. I try not to make it sad!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Janine
    I know the plight of these homeless cats and am feeding some in our area. There is no one to take them in but they have full bellies every day. You do amazing work, Janine and I will follow your efforts and wish you the best of luck with this never-ending need of the feral cat. I hope someone will come forward in your area that can house them eventually. Good luck and God Bless. Hugs, Deb=^..^=x5

    ReplyDelete