Thursday, October 14, 2010

Road Kill


I picked up a dead cat this morning. I can't tell you how many I've picked up over the years, around three now just on Central Park. Whoever has the conscience to hit an animal and continue driving is just beyond my scope of comprehension. I dont' care if you are on your way to a fire, you don't just hit and run. Its cruel. Its inhumane. My spots this morning were the same as yesterday morning, still fighting off Whitey to keep his distance, after the bite last week. My leg is good though, antibiotics are wonderful. I didnt' see Mama on Hebard Street. There has been a male cat hanging around. At first I thought, good, she has a companion, because we took two of her kittens, and the third was killed by a car. But I saw the male fighting her yesterday morning, telling her to keep her distance from the food I provided. I saw the male this morning, but not Mama. I hope she is OK. Today, I am posting a picture of a cat now named Fifi that I rescued after a little boy saw it thrown out a car last summer when it was just a tiny kitten. My wonderful co-worker adopted him! And look at him now!

No comments:

Post a Comment