Tuesday, October 5, 2010

The Rain in Rochester...

falls mainly on the plain…..

This weather has to be the worst. Its been raining for over 48 hours now. I know its miserable for me, not sure how it is for the cats, but I am sure its not as fun for them either. It is expected to keep raining for two more days. Just absolutely miserable. I tried to shelter the food at two of my unsheltered areas with plywood. Its still miserable. The house on Niagara is still boarded up, the cat has been in there for five days now. I’ve been throwing bologna on the roof – Officer Lalka told me yesterday that if the City had still not responded by tearing off one of the very thick boards that she had requested so the cat could come out on its own, then she might have to ask the Fire Department to do it. I told her if I had a crowbar, I would attempt to do it on my own. Still nothing. It was too dark and wet this morning for me to see, and I am sure the cat did not come out to the roof due to the rain. I still threw bologna up there, and gave the rest of it to the homeless woman sitting there on the porch in the dark when I pulled up. She was waiting for the rain to subside. Nice lady, and very grateful for the bologna!

No comments:

Post a Comment