Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Kindness

I have been corresponding with a columnist from the D & C for a little bit, and he was attempting to help me with contacting the City about protocol of boarding up houses and checking for animals first before its done, and possibly doing an article on this. But the City has said that it IS standard protocol to check first, but I know this isn't done. We know this isn't done due to the story I posted a few weeks, ago, and the rescuing of the trapped animal resulted in the arrest of a friend of mine for trespassing by simply putting a hole in a boarded up window to the house so the poor animal could escape after five days of it still being trapped. The columnist is going to do another story on Civility, and I wrote him about my thoughts on Civility, but I neglected to mention some things to him that I should have mentioned. Civility is many things, but one is kindness. I should have told him about the KINDNESS of acquaintences and strangers I have met along the way, in my growing love for all animals. Like Another Chance Pet Rescue. What a wonderful organization. I don't know all about it, but I do know they try to rescue as many kittens and cats as they can from the kill shelters - one being the very first post I did on this blog, where Officer Lalka rescued the newborns inside a mattress the day before demolition. ACPR apparently came and took them from Verona Street that afternoon. ACPR were also there for me this past week, when I rescued Frick and Frack (now named Mickey and Marley, due to recent adoptions). Another wonderful person I met on Saturday who came to get a cat to foster for ACPR - this girl is in a position of authority, is smart, kind and beautiful, and she actually fosters these helpless creatures! Its amazing to know that we cat people aren't all crazy! Some of us have kept up homes, happy lives, some money, happy families, full time jobs, we can be sexy and fun, and have full lives outside of animals (I consider myself all of the above, minus the money!). There are people like my friends, who have taken in rescues when I was completely desperate, telling them I would find them homes, when some were completely allergic to these animals, and yet still have these cats, and are now part of their family! I have met so many kind people in my life in this 'business'. I thank God that they were put on this earth to help me. And I them. I wish we could all do just a little bit to help strays - this world would be a happier place for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment