Monday, October 4, 2010

Cat on the Roof - Day Four

Its Day Four now that I have reported to 311 about a cat stuck in a boarded up house on Niagara Street, one of the places I leave food. I know its stuck because the city came along and boarded up the hole in the window last Thursday and threw away my stuff. Up above the roof, the window is broken so the cat is coming in and out, attempting to jump off the roof, but chickening out. Its a long way down from the eyes of a cat. Apparently Officer Lalka came out yesterday but didn't see the cat. I see it every morning at 6 am. The cat is starving. I threw some bologna up there this morning. The poor thing. I have this feeling that I've somehow lost my ,,, don't know the word. Credibility? Respect? Not sure of the word, but for some reason, Officer Lalka doesn't call me to even inquire about this. I don't know what I did to offend her. I have only called her personally twice now for two desperate situations, both involving kittens, the last time at this very house. If I had a crowbar I would take care of this situation myself. I HATE calling for help now, I feel I can't rely on the only resource we have in this city. Animal control, or Humane Society. This is the pits.

No comments:

Post a Comment