Tuesday, October 19, 2010

More Kittens!


Several things to mention this morning. I pulled up to the house on Second Street, where Paul allows me to feed behind his house, and the usual suspects began to follow me waiting for their breakfast, I had brought my flashlight with me as I sometimes do, just in case I need it. As I set my stuff down next to the large igloo shelter I have back there with straw in it, I decided to shine a light inside just to see if I needed to add more straw, and lo and behold, there were two tiny sets of eyes looking at me. There were two baby kittens, no more than 3 or 4 weeks old, looking up at me innocently. I pretended not to notice them so as not to scare them, and after I had finished putting down the food for the others, I reached in to guage the reaction of them, and out of the one came the tiniest hiss, the kind of hiss that you can barely hear because they are so tiny. If I hadn't already had another kitty that I trapped from Pennsylvania Avenue a few minutes prior, I would have scooped them up. I will be bringing my carrier tomorrow morning, to get them. I cannot leave newborns out there. No way. Speaking of the pretty kitty on my porch right now. She, or he, is very shy and scared. It’s a grey tabby, as so many of them are, and will go to the shelter. There are two others that I now need to trap there, and then I can eliminate my feedings there. There is absolutely no shelter there for them in the wintertime, nor can I put one there. Its too open. I did not see Mama on Hebard. I did see 'Spunky' which my niece has now dubbed Blackie from the corner of Central and Goodman. Unfortunately, he is not going to be adopted by my niece right now, due to some medical issues she is having. He is too sweet to be on the street, I must get him fostered somehow. Please ask around everyone. I will post a picture here.

No comments:

Post a Comment