Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Extreme Injustice!

Well, this would have been Day 6 of the cat situation on Niagara Street where the cat was boarded up in the house by the city workers last Thursday. The cat would have been very very very hungry by now – can you go for six days without eating? – if not for my big-hearted friend Gina who went there yesterday afternoon and put her pick ax to the boarded window and put a hole in it. Eventually the cat would come out of the hole and all would be well, that is until they decided to go back into the house out of fright. Well, when she was leaving, a young city police rookie pulled up, handcuffed her, frisked her, put her in the back of her car and arrested her. On the house, unbeknownst to me due to the darkness I encounter when I feed the cats in the morning, is a sign on the house that says trespassers will be arrested. This is total injustice. Gina was just trying to free this animal after having made five attempts at calling 311 to report it each morning by me, and talking to Animal Control Officer Lalka the day before about the situation. – on top of that, the city workers should not be allowed to board a house up without checking for live animals. How many situations are there that no one even knows about that animals have slowly starved to death due to their inability to escape out of a boarded up house. Its sickening. I will be calling Officer Moore this morning to express my anger about the practices of the city workers, and of the officer that arrested Gina. This rude cop should have called dispatch to corroborate the fact that we had called five times about this cat, as the cop said she didn’t believe there was a cat inside, despite the fact that there was cat food on the porch, and she told Gina that Animal Control didn’t care about the cat. Gina is a reputable teacher and published author of childrens’ books – it’s totally unfair. And something has to be done about it. I wonder if any of my readers know someone in the media that would like to talk to me about my story. I hope to hear from someone!

No comments:

Post a Comment