Friday, October 22, 2010

TGIF - Again!!



Well, its Friday, and its miserable. We had a very chilly night, with rain in Rochester, but could easily have turned into snow just a few degrees colder. It was a miserable night/morning for most kitties out there that don't have homes. I have to wonder where some of my guys find shelter, and is it warm? Do they have a snuggle place they can go to? My poor Blackie, and Smokey, and now a new cat on the corners of Central Park and Goodman. They are just pitiful there as there is no shelter for them due to the owners of the property or troublemakers coming by every so often and trashing my stuff. I try to make the best of what I can do, by putting down a towel under the thin wooden lean-to against the 'house' - it actually used to be a restaurant - Grandma's Kitchen or something like that. Its just the worst spot on my route, due to the lack of shelter. And there are three GREAT kitties there. Although Smokey is really untrappable. He just won't fall for it. And Blackie is really needing a home. And this third guy, you can tell he was once someone's kitty, because he is starving and will come right up as soon as you pour the food down. Its really tough out there right now for these guys. I've eliminated one feeding spot from my 9 now. Corner of Pennsylvania and 4th Street. Thats where I trapped a sweet tabby last week, and she was the only one waiting for me there every single morning. I miss her terribly. I have included a before and after pic of one of my rescues, Jack, who is my own now. Isn't he beautiful? He was a tiny guy when I got him, and within a year, he is over 20 pounds! A real handful!

No comments:

Post a Comment