Monday, October 11, 2010

Swept Under the Rug

My discouragement level is rising due to the last week of stuff going on. The arrest of Gina for trying to save a cat from a 5-day starvation, and the phone call I received from a Lieutenant from the police department, in response to the letter I sent to Chief Moore. He was arrogant, and had the tone of just trying to get rid of me. He mostly focused on the justification of Gina’s arrest, and the professionalism of the arrest by the cocky police officer woman. He didn’t even come close to talking about the other concerns I had. I was hoping that they would have put some time and thought into my letter, and come back to me with some options, some committees I could join, or contact, help me somehow with my plight, with the cats plight I should say. Boarding up houses, feral and stray rescue, etc. But not a word. I have to admit I felt intimidation by him. Then my boss came in and obviously, its not something I should be doing at work to begin with, so I told the Lt. that I would call him back. He left me his number. But I’ve had the day and weekend to think about it, and even if I do call him back, which I will, I am not as good speaking personally to someone as I am on paper. I am going to ask him if Chief Moore even saw my letter. I am also going to mention that I may get some media coverage from this, and tell him how I was hoping that he would have had some other suggestions for me. I would love to hear some feedback from anyone reading this?

No comments:

Post a Comment