Thursday, July 1, 2010

TGIT

Well, I am so glad its Thursday, I have tomorrow off from work. I need it. Yesterday, as an update, I left work in late morning to go see if I could meet up with the owner of the vacant house that has been trashing my stuff for Benny and Whitey. I finally found some guys working inside the house, both nice guys - the one in charge's name is Jose Echevarria. After I went through my spiel about the cats, and asking him if he could talk to the owner, who was not there at the moment, he smiled and said 'you are just like my wife' - I knew I had made a new 'friend'! Anyways, sure enough, the bowls and plates were there this morning. One down, one to go. Now I need to talk to the man who lives in the house on Second Street to see if he will allow me to place food in his yard. Will go back there today late morning. Also, this morning an older man on a bike on Niagara Street motioned for me, I rolled my window down to talk to him as I was leaving from feeding Sasha and others at the abandoned house, and he told me they were getting ready to demolish the house. This is sad because this will be the second sheltered area that is not going to be there this coming winter. I don't know what I will do. I need to find a place to house these cats - at least provide them shelter during the winter. I need to figure out a way to raise money for a future sanctuary for these innocent creatures, and quick! Any suggestions would be most welcome. Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. Dear Janine,
    I am a teacher who works with middle and high school kids. We may be able to build some type of shelters for these kitties before winter. Kids love to help animals and they love to build things. I too am an animals lover. Please let me know if we could be of service. You can email me at emcampett@hotmail.com :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Janine,
    this is from Habitat for Cats website about shelters:

    http://www.habitatforcats.com/

    Julie

    ReplyDelete