Monday, July 26, 2010

Nuts

It was a really crazy day yesterday, Sunday. It began with my normal feedings, and changing towels after the rain on Saturday, which as usual was the first thing on my mind when I woke that morning, cause its so stressful for cats to not only be in the environment they are in, but to have it wet and damp on top of it. They have enough skin conditions without it being worsened by wet towels, at the certain spots that I do have towels, which the the spots I have shelter for over their food, which is very few. I went to the Niagara Street home and inside I heard mewing. OH LORD. Not again. So, I finished up my rounds, and went home. There, my poor Toonces, I had discovered the night before, had a very swollen back foot/toes. I called my trusted Mom, who told me yes, you should bring her right in, and no, you shouldn't wait for the vet to open on Monday. So off we went to the Emergency place on White Spruce Boulevard. Four hours later, she came home with a bandaged foot. Her toe may have to be amputated. But we will see how it goes this week. Poor thing was in terrible pain, so I am grateful for places like this, even though they literally charge an arm and a leg! and maybe a toe!. Meanwhile, during all this, I had placed a call at 6:45 to Animal Service League as I knew this would be my second favor I would call upon from my angel friend Officer Elaine Lalka. They told me to call back after 7 am. which I did after I arrived at the animal hospital. Sure enough, she got the message and called me back, and met me over at the house on Niagara, and brought her big guns with her, Officer Muller from Humane Society. I feed very bad for what I did afther that. I told them not to get the kittens, but to just leave an opening in the door for them to come out to get the food. I don't know what I was thinking except to say I knew it would be a hassle for them to get these two frisky kittens. I hate to have any one hassled for my sake. What a stupid way of thinking. I regret that decision so much. Needless to say, there were the kittens this morning, out on the porch, eating. Its been a horrendous week again just seeing all the kittens at the spots I feed. I don't know what to do, I wish I had more help in trapping these cats, and finding a home for the red kitty on Hayward, Benny on Central, and Stripes on corners of Goodman and Central. I NEED HELP, in more ways than one!!! :) What a weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment