Sunday, July 11, 2010

I'm Back!



Its been a few days! I've missed my blog! Its been hectic having my step-son here from Australia! Plus I had a few days off, and its been BLOODY hot, too hot to come up to my computer in the upstairs of the house with no A/C! So, there have been a number of things going on, but not too much out of the ordinary. Yesterday chased away a pack of raccoons... are a group of raccoons considered a pack? Yes, there were six of them... a six pack! ha! They were caught eating at my feeding spot on Hayward Avenue. There is a red kitty there that is extremely thin, that waits now every morning under a car for me. Timid, a bit skittish, but did let me touch its nose one morning. Also, the spot where I put food and water on Central Park between 2nd and 3rd streets for Benny and Whitey are being trashed again. Will have to go over and have a chat again with the owner of the now being fixed up boarded up house. Not sure of how to convince him, but I have also made the decision to trap these two cats and take them to a shelter. I cannot find a home for them, and they are the two sweetest cats. They hate each other, but they love me. But they will not have anything soon if someone moves into that house. I must get them out of there. I had my car waxed by Paul yesterday. He is the black gentlemen that is allowing me to place food and water under his bush in front of his house at 54 Second Street. Nicest guy around. I really really like him. We chatted yesterday morning while he waxed my car in his driveway. Laughed and talked serious. As I sat there watching him, I was also observing the cats around there. He is a kind man, but doesn't want them to think he is too kind, because he doesn't want the rodents, etc. around his house. He asked me if I had any information on an exterminator, which I promptly did get from my Uncle who owns several properties around Rochester and surely has dealt with exterminators! I feel if I can get on good ground with Paul, he may let me build a little shelter there in the fall for these cats. I am posting a pic of the red cat on Hayward for all of you. Will name him Red for now. Happy Sunday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment