Thursday, July 15, 2010

Insanity

What is insanity? Is it the guy that was hanging across from 320 Central Park in the median that was so messed up he was making gestures like Marcelle Marceau, the famous mime at 5:45 am. this morning? Is it the prostitute standing in the middle of Third Street staring down at the road, or her feet perhaps? Is it the guy that tried to sell me 6 chairs for $12 on Central Park at 6 am, with no chairs in sight? Is it the fact that the there are so many stories of sadness with these cats I feed, like the one with the gaping wound on its neck the size of an apple, and I don't know what to do? Or is it me, insanity, in what I do every morning. Who can answer what insanity really is! Update on the little baby I rescued yesterday: Broken femur near hip joint, too young to cast, and full of fleas, too young to treat. But the Angel Julie that has adopted her will nurse her back to health. I will keep track of her progress. But so glad I did find her. She was just a tiny baby.

1 comment:

  1. hang in there girlfirend! If the kitten is at least 3 weeks old she can have capstar which is a pill that kills fleas. I can give you one if you need it. Have her momma bather her with blue dawn dish detergent, the original stuff, and then flea comb her. We do this with all of our fosters that have fleas. It is the best! Also, for the broken femur, I have had several kittens with this problem that have healed wonderfully ont heir own, but very important to keep her confined to cage rest! Make sure she is doing this, it is crucial to healing that she is not moving around too much...Good luck Angel! Julie Lafferty

    ReplyDelete